Master remote controls

Northshore

I am in the process of purchasing a Theatermaster MX 3000 and would like some feedback from anyone that currently has one. I looked at the Pronto(nice) and Crestron(pricey) but feel the 3000 will suit my needs to operate a basic theater setup. Any thoughts positive or negative are appreciated.

I have the Home Theater Master MX-700 and it is the best universal remote I've ever used. And believe me, I've used many. It's been called the Mother of Universal Remotes.

I've never seen or even heard of the MX-3000, but based on name alone, I'd say it's probably the Master of the Universe.

You sure it's not gummy bear juice? Remember that cartoon, when we were kids, where the gummy bears would drink their special juice and go bouncing everywhere? They even had that song for it while those colorful little rascals went bouncing down the rolling hills...

"gummy bears...bouncing everywhere...gummy bears..!"

I recently purchased the new MX-850 and absolutely love it. Personally I prefer a "Hard Button" remote over a touch screen like the Proto's or the 3000 (or for that matter the Sonys).

There is a large user community behind the HTM remotes as with the Pronto's. You can check out the forums over at http://www.remotecentral.com/cgi-bin/mboard/forums.cgi They have tons of reviews at the main site as well.

Good Luck...

Rayo.

----------------

On 1/26/2005 4:39:21 PM nicholtl wrote:

You sure it's not gummy bear juice? Remember that cartoon, when we were kids, where the gummy bears would drink their special juice and go bouncing everywhere? They even had that song for it while those colorful little rascals went bouncing down the rolling hills...

"gummy bears...bouncing everywhere...gummy bears..!"

----------------

Ummmm yeah - electric Kool Aid for Gummy Bears. Damn, those 80's Japanese 'toon moguls were wacked out....

I was going to purchase the MX3000 a few weeks ago but decided to buy a cheaper MX700 instead. I am glad I saved the money. The MX700 was 1/10th the price of the 3000 and does more than I would ever ask it to do. The RF is awesome. No more pointing. I too like the hard buttons over the touchscreens.

BigMike,

You might be mistaken when you say "the RF is awesome"... as the MX-700 is not an RF remote. The 800 and new 850s are the RF capable hard button models. However if you mean the MX-700 has strong IR output... I completely agree.

I have the 850 (almost identical to the 700) and don't currently use RF... just IR. I find that I don't even have to really point it at my equipment and it works flawlessly. The IR output on these is VERY Good. They have multiple IR emitters in the front pointed so that the remote sends the IR in a very wide dispersion.