Dish TV Sound/Picture in Snow

dodger

There have been some questions regarding the quality of the Picture and Sound.

I posted. But, since then we have had heavy snow.

I have what Dish TV calls the Super Dish. Somewhat bow-tie shaped dish, not as concave as the round.

Even at points where I could not see the houses across the street due to heavy sqalls, Picture quality and Sound were not affected.

No build up of snow or ice, either.

It came with a two room single box, dual remote set up.

As I connect it to a phone line, the price per month is $29.95 vs the over $80.00 for cable.

I'm pleased.3.gif

dodger

I've got Dish, too. Only real objection is that I'm someone who would like basic service only... and Dishnet doesn't offer Fox News on basic. I have to order third tier programming to get Fox. DirecTV would be some substantial savings and I expect to go back to DTV over that issue.

Thanks Win, didn't know about the SuperDish. You know Dish has got Sirius music channels, too?

I have heard of snow issues, but never had any with our Direct system and 3 LNB oval dish setup. We have had minor outages during some pretty strong thunderstorms though. But if there is severe weather we always can pick up locals using the antenna on the roof, or listen to the weather radio for alerts.

I've never had service to my DirecTV go out due to heavy snow (but than again, Virginia is not exactly know for big snows). However, as was mentioned by another poster, I've also had service cut out briefly during particularly nasty thunderstorms.

And lastly, I did lose service during ice storms, when the LNB on my dish got iced over. fortunatly, my dish is mounted on the corner of my deck, so it was a simple matter of stepping outside on the deck and knock the ice off the LNB.