Peculiar Weekend (long - very very very long)

maxg

----------------

On 1/31/2005 3:20:45 PM garymd wrote:

----------------

On 1/31/2005 2:13:46 PM Parrot wrote:

No, I don't have that particular LP, but I have several other versions. It makes frequent appearances at thrift shops.

By the way, the SACD should not sound like the LP. When the LP was made, they would have used a tube tape deck for playback, a tube compressor, and a tube amp for cutting the records. All those tube steps added their sonic signatures.

----------------

Good. That makes it more interesting. I can try it in both 2-channel and in 3-channel on my horribly mismatched multi-channel system using a pathetically inadequate Home Theater receiver.
1.gif

----------------

Well, whatever you do, you'd do well not to post about it here!2.gif

Max, your audio adventures continue to astound. I know I don't participate in them very often but I want to say in all sincrerity, something I do as little as possible, I read every single one with interest and enjoyment. You may think they are long but don't worryabout that, and I hope you never run out of words.

Guest Anonymous

i have to say the next time i am in greece (family home in paxos) i should tag along with you, i have never had an oppertunity like that before, but i am sure that it must have been unreal!!!

Thanks all. I do worry when a post gets that long - nice to know it is read.

Grammas and everyone,

Anyone from this forum visiting these shores is more than welcome to get in touch. A combo of dream vinyl shopping and dream systems to listen to awaits (except in August - most people are on summer holidays and 100 degrees is no temperature to be stuck inside listening to a system with the air con turned off due to the noise it makes!)

Cheers all.