False Corners for Khorns

KT66

Otherwise proud Khorn owners were advise by Klipsch and Assiciates in the 70s to use false corners if their listening rooms did not have adequate natural corners. A 70s Dope from Hope imprint carries a design for one such false corner by PWK. Anyone tried them ? Results ?

KT...

Anyone tried them ? Results ?

Yes they do work..

Result is, they sound like K horns are supposed to sound. WONDERFUL!

There was a local dealer here, I should tattle on him... but will not, that had a pair of k horns about 3 feet from the wall. He said they do not have very good bass response... I laughed on the inside and I wanted to tell him why, when a customer came in to purchase them and beat me to it. (The whole time holding my own laughter till I heard his "reasoning" for having them out in the room.) LOL (Most eseteric speakers always seemed to be out from the back and side walls 3' or so.)

They were a pair with some use on them, but still a steal at one thousand dollars in the mid 90's.

So to answer in a nutshell your ? You always need the corners for K horns if not regularly then build them. When you get them snuggled in THEN you will hear wonderful music to your ears!!

I am still wodering about the roll off at 100 HZ that Trey had mentioned in a previous post. I think he was saying this for people who screw wood to the sides of a Khorn and do not make false walls that extend to the proper perportions. Any have a comment on this?