Lawsuit Againts MGM

RM1111

I do own some...but well....not sure what the lawsuit is about...

It states movies sold as WS...were not WS? but the ones I have on the list are WS....

example Autumn In NY....Mine is WS...as advertised...

not sure what this is about...Need more info...

----------------

On 2/1/2005 9:47:32 AM ygmn wrote:

I do own some...but well....not sure what the lawsuit is about...

It states movies sold as WS...were not WS? but the ones I have on the list are WS....

example Autumn In NY....Mine is WS...as advertised...

not sure what this is about...Need more info...

----------------

I haven't visited the link, does wide screen seem to fit?

I have a WS Tv....and I can flick thru the different stretch options...and....tell

but for the movies listed I have...they all look normal in WS....not squishy faces...or fat faces...

maybe because I have WS TV...and they are enhanced for WS TV...?

I dunno....

Well, no that's not it. At least in the case of Bill and Ted's Excellent Adventure & Bogus Journey (I guess I did have a couple), the DVDs fill the Widescreen TV. I still think maybe the the top and bottom are cropped from the fullscreen version.

Anyway, some lawyers will be getting rich off of this one.

I think they may be a combination of both. I have a copy of Night Of The Hunter which states "standard version" on the box which is the original theatrical version. That's understandable since it's an older movie. What's weird is that it has the "the following film has been modified from its original version to fit your tv screen" warning when you start watching the film.

----------------

On 2/4/2005 1:14:02 AM toddvj wrote:

Well, no that's not it. At least in the case of Bill and Ted's Excellent Adventure & Bogus Journey (I guess I did have a couple), the DVDs fill the Widescreen TV. I still think maybe the the top and bottom are cropped from the fullscreen version.

Anyway, some lawyers will be getting rich off of this one.

----------------

You just described pan and scam. Anyway I saw a short report on the abc morning news about the lawsuit and they reported all of the titles are pan and scam.

Is pan and scam somehow different from pan and scan? Or were you just doing a play on words? I ask because I have heard of Widescreen movies with the sides cut off being called pan and scan, but I wasn't sure if that applied to a movie where they cut the top and bottom off of a fullscreen movie.

There is also the possiblity that the movies were open matte.

Anyway, I remember being disappointed with how cheap the Bill & Ted DVDs seemed, but I think this is a frivolous lawsuit, designed to make some lawyers rich, and nothing more.