Reviewer of KT90 amp disses Klipsch?

Coytee

I was curious if there were any "KT-90" amps, sort of like doing a search for a 2A3 specifically. So, I did a "kt90 amplifier" google search. I found several items and decided to read one.

This one : http://www.tnt-audio.com/ampli/audionsterling_e.html

One thing caught my eye that I thought all of us Klipsch lovers would like to read

I quote this fine gentleman

"Throughout the fervent SE era there were a thoughtful few who kept asking one very key question: Where are the loudspeakers that are well suited to these amplifiers offering but a single digit of wattage? There was no viable answer. Oh, there were a few psychos with VOTs and a few more with a pair of Klipsch out in their garage, but no one really wanted to hear those speakers"

15.gif15.gif15.gif

Was the reviewer named Paulie Parrot?9.gif

I agree that the Klipschters give the minority report in audio. Those persons among them who think flea powered amplifiers are wonderful, are the sickest among the sick. 9.gif9.gif9.gif

Coytee,

thanks for the post. great quote there.

Don't fret too much about this. Not everyone is aware of the secret we know and some people have let those kind of comments overrule what their ears tell them. It's the very reason you can buy some of the best loudspeakers ever made on the used market for around two grand!

The audiophile press seem to harbor undue ill feelings about horns.. Klipsch in particular.

Wonder if it was because of all those little yellow buttons 12.gif

Of course, things change. AvantGarde has made it somewhat more acceptable to be a horny audiophile..

who knows, perhaps one day we won't be seen as heretical infidels... naah, it's more fun this way 9.gif