SF3 Goof, OK, Wrong Label?

johnputnamjr

I use the Pioneer 1014TX - 110 Watts Per Channel. I understand that the max power handling (peak) is 600 watts. The speakers on the Klipsch website under discontinued items - SF-3 call for 150 Watts maximum continuous with 600 peak - not 100 watts with 600 peak.

https://www.klipsch.com/product/product.aspx?cid=736&s=specs

Is the label just wrong or does anyone else have this model and can confirm their label?

Yes - I am a little concerned about the power rating but I am also concerned that the speakers are misrepresented...The SF1 and SF2 are rated at 100 and 400...the SF3 should be 150 and 600. I am just trying to figure out why the label indicates 100 and specs indicate 150. I am kinda also wondering if the serial number is legitimate or if I have been hoodwinked.

• Klipsch Employees

the power for the SF-3 is 100watts...NOW

When we first started building the SF-3 it was 150 watts

It was droped back to 100 watts after a short time. (marketing)

The drivers and network did not change...your 110 w/ch receiver will drive them fine and will not hurt them.

Trey -

Did any thing at all change? other than the specs? How can Klipsch change the specs without letting the consumer know? (The specs STILL show 150 watts - even on the discontinued information on the Klipsch website as well as on the website of the firm that sold me the product.)

Also - I was considering adding the discontinued SS3 and SC3 - should I be aware of any changes to those products - can I believe what I read on the specs?

Thanks for your help! Still a wonderful speaker!

People are picking on me at the AVS Forum...I have been told to not believe any of the Klipsch specs - just listen to the product. One guy said "great news John, Klipsch just changed the spec back to 150!" Regardless - there seems to be much more latitude in marketing electronics than in marketing automobiles (my job). If we change a HP rating - it had better be for a reason other than "marketing". 9.gif

I would like to think that Trey was not yelling at a customer. At least I hope not... I am sorry for caring so much about the issue. Klipsch should be glad they have a product that has not become a commodity and that people are still somewhat brand loyal. I read all the literature and stickers, etc... I really want to be a fan. In the future, I'll spend less time with the eyes and more time with the ears...

Finally, please send me the correct label for my speakers...9.gif