how far would you go for your cornwalls

joessportster

well i made it THANK THE GODS OF MUSIC, went to lansdale Pa. to pick up the cornwalls, get up there early (yea making killer time, 12:55 just past noon) reach for my trusty cell call the man WHAT WHERES MY CELL? walked out and left it on the charger. no worrys use the local land line get ahold of the man go see the speakers after more directions(this fella has some of the nicest mac tube gear i have ever seen, just a hobby says he)speakers are hooked up and look better than expected YIPEE. loaded up on our way get around the philly aera and hit our first traffic of the day, son looks over hey something is wrong with my van, no says i. all is good. radio begins to flicker in and out, tack hits bottom, press the gas HEY THIS THING WONT MOVE, it sputters to a slow stop in the middle of I 476, ok son lets push this to the shoulder while the horns they are a blowing, get the thing out of the road look around all we see is a slum looking aera with 6 foot fences & barb wire lining both sides of the road, son go up there and see what we can see. its a university says he almost falling down the hill off we go with the daughter and 2 grand kids locked in the van tire iron in hand and her non working pre pay cell phone(dont buy altell)we see a days in they are sure to know where we can find a parts store, 1.5 miles thatta way says they pep boys it is, off we go see an older fella in his pickup window down its a state vehicle (community works it says) so i holler hey friend how about a ride to the pep boys auto store its only about another 1/2 mile in the same direction he is heading, all alone in his extended cab ford f150, he looks at the seat next to him and the area behind the seat and says i dont have any room, to which i reply we will set in the back. sorry says he i have a SICK RACCOON in the back as he speeds away, finally there it is the pep boys and its open ALL RIGHT!!! a young man is just leaving son says i go see if you can get us a ride back to the interstate (beleive it or not this young man waits for us to get our parts and gives us a ride with his girlfriend in the car) back at the van its still there and whole. we go to install the altenator WHAT WONT FIT. hook up the new battery van comes to life with the turn of the key and down the road we go with the altenator light now working(ironic i know) go to the nearest exit that looks promiseing and see a pep boys, we dont have that altenator cpu says it is on the shelf but i cant find it, ah but we are in luck theres a AUTOZONE sorry we dont carry that we have to order it (should have bought a chevy says he), so now it 4:30 pm on a sunday what to do, head to walmart buy 4 more batterys drive till they die then hook up the next(point of interest, you can drive a ford windstar at night with the lights on with the altenator out using a good battery for 93 miles before you have to change the battery)just in case any of you have this problem. hook up the next battery and here we are all safe at home. NOW YOU TELL ME HOW FAR WOULD YOU GO TO GET A SET OF CORNWALLS?

well friend, you got my flight from INdy to Miami, driving 1329 miles solo back home, breaking my back in a minivan, cheesy $60 night horrible hotel room, $500 speakers turn into $1000 Cornwalls that look like they were dragged through the parking lot story BEAT ALL TO HELL.

Just print out that post and save it in your Klipsch folder. Great story to tell the grandkids.

new advertising:

Klipsch Heritage- not just a speaker, it's an ADVENTURE!

Michael LMAO!

Check out this thread, I started it when the topic of a FL trip came up . Its more war stories about obtaining our favorite speakers.

http://forums.klipsch.com/idealbb/view.asp?topicID=58979&forumID=68&catID=19&search=1&searchstring=&sessionID={9E7D2162-6A1C-4162-8894-1E38CC029B63}

Michael

WELL JOE- HOW DO THEY SOUND (I'm shouting cause with Cornwalls newly plugged in, no doubt Joe's got it cranked) Was it worth the journey. We need chapter two!

btw Timmi, how far COULD you drive from your place and stay in Europe? Just to help us Americans get a sense of Scale. Is it further to Portugal, Italy, Greece. Little brain excersize plus I'm just curious.

Michael

• 4 weeks later...

now that all is said and done and i have had plenty of time to listen i can say without a doubt the speakers are worth all the fun picking them up, only problem now is i just bought a set of la scalas 400 miles away and have to go get them i can honestly say i do not hope for a trip like the last. also colter i see you are in for a short trip yourself nice score on the industrial la scalas10.gif Joe

Heading out next weekend for 1000 mile round trip for Belles.

About a year ago, 700 miles for Cornwalls. This treasure hunt for Heritage is surely a type of sickness, Heritagitis, Klipschfobia, adventerous though it may be. When will it end.... La Scala.... KHorn.... and on and on. But it sounds like a good idea to use transportation other than Windstars!!

Shipping Bose cubes sure looks appealing - nah! Lets load up and don't forget the coffee, I've got Belles to pick up.

Thanks Joe, Now I have Heresy, Cornwall, LaScalas. Will you guys kindly stop spending my money. 11 Klipsch total purchased this year alone. I'm really out of rooms and room.

Joe what did you get and for how much if you don't mind me asking? Hope I got mine for a fair price. They are fairly rare, especially in good shape and nearby.

Can we stop now? My brain hurts and my wallet is beyond empty!

Michael

michael i concur with the empty wallet, mine is actually in the hole, i bought 1977 la scalas, that were updated at some point with k-55M drivers and the AL crossovers, i have to drive 400 miles to pick them up in new york, i was planning on going this weekend but the weather was supposed to be bad so i rescheduled for next weekend, i got the birch cabinets but i have to reveneer the top and face of at least 1 of the pair, price before trip to pick them up was 838.00, not a bad price considering the retail and resale value, i thought the ones you bought were awsome looking and i thought the buy now was fair on them, when will you be picking them up?( by the way there was another set just listed on ebay of the industrial type although not like yours more like the normal type however beat up pretty good in ) thought i would tell you in case you need a couple more HE HE HE HE11.gif9.gif10.gif Joe

----------------

On 3/13/2005 7:58:14 PM richieb wrote:

Heading out next weekend for 1000 mile round trip for Belles.

About a year ago, 700 miles for Cornwalls. This treasure hunt for Heritage is surely a type of sickness, Heritagitis, Klipschfobia, adventerous though it may be. When will it end.... La Scala.... KHorn.... and on and on. But it sounds like a good idea to use transportation other than Windstars!!

Shipping Bose cubes sure looks appealing - nah! Lets load up and don't forget the coffee, I've got Belles to pick up.

----------------

hey dont knock windstars i made it home at least and remember i went 93 miles at night using the lights on a single wal mart battery HA HA, let me see a chevy top that. i would rather tie my heritage to my back and carry them home than have bose delivered FREE. but of course heritage are rather large and i bet i could come up with a plan to attach axles and a crude drive mechanism, lean left or right to steer(kinda like skate boarding in the old days) yea thats the ticket now how to stop9.gif10.gif Joe

----------------

On 3/13/2005 8:36:07 PM colterphoto1 wrote:

I concur, it's a sickness, society is to blame...

I'll check out the others but seriously don't know why I'm doing this...

Michael

----------------

NNNNNNNNOOOOOOOOOOOOO, dont look thats the first step, once you look you will try to figure out wher they will fit in next thing we know you will be homeless can see you now laying across all those cornwalls using you tops from your new scalas as your pillow10.gif Joe