KWh per day...

doctorcilantro

Funny you should mention that, Dr. My wife asked me last night to compare our last two months electric bills, Dec was like $173 and Jan was roughly $113. I told her we just used more kWh's to which she replied "DUH". The only difference I can see would be that we had company for a week in Dec so had the electric in-floor heat turned up maybe 6-8 degrees for that time.

I'm sure she still has the bills out, I told her I'd look at em tonight. I'll try and remember to bring em in tmrw, or at least the kWh numbers from each month.

BTY, new construction last summer, 6 inch exterior walls, double pane argon windows, 4,200 s.f. Forced air upstairs, infloor downstairs, and a monster of a woodburning fireplace that can heat the whole upstairs if requested to.

700 sq ft shoebox 1-bdr, South FL, just me, 3 computers, a lot of juice-eating vacuum tubes, ac on 24/7 @ 75F (except when it's cool enough to actually open the windows.. maybe 2 months out of the year..)

...33 kwh/day. 120 bucks. Stays fairly steady, dips a bit when its cooler and I can open windows. Will hit ~150 bucks during the dog days..

1800 SF house, 4 people, 2 PCs. TV, stereo, etc. Heat, hot water, stove, dryer via natural gas.

January 2005 (30 days):

Gas: 103.6 therms $118.18 (3.2 therms/day)

Electricity: 555 Kwh $68.43 (18.5 Kwh/day)

I have 5 people ,1 comp,4 tvs,new front load washer to save water its high here,new dryer,fridge use 35KWH a day last bill 83.35 for 29 days.Would love to go solar but MO. doesnt give tax credit for solar panels.Before ig new washer water bill and electric bill almost same...ouch lol.Rick

Now you went and done it. 7.gif

I checked out our last two months electric bills last night, and found a MAJOR discrepency. In Dec, we used 1,230 kWh at $.0685 per for our normal electic and 1,188 kWh at $.0470 for our in-floor, which is on Off-Peak so it gets a lower rate. In Jan, we used 1,097 kWh for the normal and ZERO for our Off-Peak. We hadn't noticed the downstairs being cold, even with some -20 or 30 nights, and the flow meters on the tubes had always been indicating flow, so I assumed all was well. I went down and checked em again last night, and the meters were indicating flow as normal, but upon checking the pipes, they were cold. Flow, but no heating going on.

We had the whole thing go down twice earlier, but it always felt noticably colder and the flow meters wouldn't move. I pulled the cover and the LED failut indicator is flashing greeen, which indicates no problems, but there obviously is one. I did have a thought, that possibly the system was just in cool down mode and had exhausted it's heat but was still flowing, so I'm not all that excited about calling the electric company to have em come out and check it if it's working for free. Which brings me to the whole ethical thing of stealing electricity from a company that appears to be very finacially solvent, which I am not.

Thanks again for opening a whole new can of worms for me. 14.gif2.gif

It is interesting to see the range of electric costs across the country though.

Is this right? Lets assume that So. Florida electricity is $.13 per thousand watt hour (KWH). With six watts maximum output, if my Class flea-powered tube Bottlehead 2A3 Paramour amplifiers are five hours nightly, all day sometimes on weekends, using about 25-watts each. At about 78 hours weekly, 312 monthly, 3744 hours yearly, times $.13 KWH, thats about $1.02 monthly in electricity!

6.gif

580 square foot home. Me and my son living here. 2 computers, electric dryer (rarely used), gas floor furnace. 1950 fridigaire fridge (inefficient but oh so 'perfect' looking).

Avg. temp last month, 38 F.

7 Kwh/ day (218 total) $21

56 CCF gas, $63.85

Champagne.. you must have an incredibly energy efficient home to live in MN and have energy usage that low for 4200 Sq. feet! Good for you!

Forrest (trying to walk lightly on the earth)