Outlaw Audio M200 and RF5

illthreat

• Replies 47
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

If you haven't caught on yet, my source is just fine.

Jesus christ you are such a bitter old fart...

I really don't care much about what you say anymore. You have provided nothing buy one liners all freakin night.. even after I appologize for you being a dick...

I guess you are right.. Judging me by my personal profile on a internet message board.

I'm no where as cool as you, so I don't list everything I own in there.

Goodnight. Peace be with you.

Chris,

There is no quick answer to your query. Much depends on your preference. That being said, Russ is just being Russ. Don't let it dissuade you from engaging in this forum. He's easily ignored, as am I, if you don't like what I have to say.

Stick around. In no time, you'll have refrigerator-sized speakers and big ole glowing amps...

----------------

On 2/18/2005 12:41:17 AM illthreat wrote:

Once Again, thanks for your reply. And I'm 26 now.

Aren't you too old to be using the internet anyway?
----------------

Careful there, though. Us old farkers are liable to get our Depends all twisted up...

2.gif2.gif

bclarke,

I wish I had a nearby place that I could listen to amps. But I don't :(

I'm not sure what I want.. I will probably demo the mblocks and see how they are. I'm just seeking a little better clarity.

You are right, there is no perfect answer.. I'm just adding up everybodies 2 cents and try to make a descent decesion.

Thanks! :)

ah ....

just another fast newbie that has no clue...

welcome to the forum newbie.....

by the way - the first post i posted in this thread was right on..... outlaw is entry level equipment... your RF-5's are a much better speaker than an outlaw amp.... go ahead and buy the outlaw POS amp if you want, but there are many other better options out there....

call me rude if you want.... but my advice is on the money....

Where in PA are you? You are probably close to a forum member that would be happy to help. If you're in NW PA, I, among others, wouldn't mind letting you hear what's in our living rooms. You may like, you may not, but you'll surely find out what you prefer...

Russ,

What is your advice on where I can research to choose the proper amp?

I have no clue if I want a tube style amp.. I'm too young and stupid to have been around in the time that there was no SS.

I came here looking for advice.. I APPRECIATE you telling me that the Outlaw is a piece of ****. I will take that into consideration with extreme weight. I value your opinion. You must atleast stand by what you believe/own.

Thanks for the help, and if you are calling me a "fast newbie", need I state the obvious?

You have already provided enough data for me to claim you have "no life". :):P j/k ... don't get all pissy..

later.

----------------

On 2/18/2005 12:43:38 AM illthreat wrote:

Russ,

I'm not running RCA patchcables and listening to your avg. 128 mp3.

It's a digital inferface between my PCs digital coax output and my receiver.

Playing a bitrate that is equal to an super audio cd, etc..
----------------

right........

and you will find many high end systems out there using exactly the same computer equipment as their source....... wait - no one else that is into audio seriously uses a computer as a source..... (again - no clue)

give yourself a treat and go out and listen to a real system with some well recorded SACD or DVD-audio disc and you will realize what you are missing... that is if you can hear the difference

Chris,

Young and stupid need not go hand in hand. There are old farts that haven't been where I've been, and much younger folks that have been much further. If you're willing to take a hike the Niagara Falls area, shoot me an email through the forum. I'll try to make time for you if you're serious.

Ben

Russ,

I can hear the difference. I probably have much better hearing than you do at your age.

I have seen plenty of "high end systems" using a PC as their source. You haven't a clue about this. The Bitrate that I am running is equivalent to a SACD or DVD. Just give this up.. I have heard SACD and DVD audio before.. and I am hearing the exact same ****. Do you know what comes off one of your SACD or DVD? You can replicate ANY bitrate or QUALITY that way.

My good friend runs 'front of house' for a lot of different people, throughout the world. I have copies of his master recording that would make you crap your Depends®. They are off of a very nicely sized professional board. You can't get much more original than these. I have witnessed and heard more in my young life than you are giving me credit for. I don't just listen to rap with lots of bass.

Again, thanks for the sound advice.. haha

----------------

On 2/18/2005 1:06:30 AM illthreat wrote:

Russ,

I can hear the difference. I probably have much better hearing than you do at your age.

I have seen plenty of "high end systems" using a PC as their source. You haven't a clue about this. The Bitrate that I am running is equivalent to a SACD or DVD. Just give this up.. I have heard SACD and DVD audio before.. and I am hearing the exact same ****. Do you know what comes off one of your SACD or DVD? You can replicate ANY bitrate or QUALITY that way.

My good friend runs 'front of house' for a lot of different people, throughout the world. I have copies of his master recording that would make you crap your Depends®. They are off of a very nicely sized professional board. You can't get much more original than these. I have witnessed and heard more in my young life than you are giving me credit for. I don't just listen to rap with lots of bass.

Again, thanks for the sound advice.. haha

----------------

good for you!

i'm sure that you have soooooo much vast experience in the world of sound that you can all teach us soooooo much about audio....

oh wait..... who was asking the question in this thread?????

LOL

why don't you ask your "good friend" for advice???.... maybe he won't point out that you're delusional if you think that a computer based sound system is "high end"......

go over to the avs forum - they have a high end forum - $20,000 and up....... guess what - no computer based systems in that forum..... maybe you and your friend could register on the avs forum and tell everyone on that froum how wrong they are not to use a computer as their source....

LOL

I never said I had vast experience.

I was asking a question about Outlaw gear, not how big of a dick you are. Confusing?

What have you contributed? nothing.

What is up with the quotes around "good friend"? You are waaay wacked out. I'm not sure when I had to prove my self to you to post. You seem like a nice person. Really.

My "good friend" has nothing to do with me and my pc system. If you knew more about what you can do with a pc. You would understand that you can damn near match a SACD 1:1 with basic software. And play it back, just as you.

Thanks to everyone else for the replies. I'm hoping to hear something about the Outlaw amps. I'll keep looking around in the time being... someone has to be running them on a similar setup.

How about any more replies about Outlaw mono blocks mixed with RF series? 1.gif

If someone has a recommendation (except Russ) on an entry level tube amp, I'd love to learn more.

Best Regards!2.gif

Hi Ill,

I know what you mean about the "more umph", I've been researching solid state and a few tube amps for a year or so. What I've found is Outlaw's and make a little noise that my be heard a short distance away which would be a big NO for me.

An "outlaw" word search revealed about one hundred threads at Audiogon....lot's of varied opinions on them.

At the AVS forum last time I checked the guy's were up to about eighty pages chatting about the Crown amps and the fan noise that may be fixed on the more affordable models.

One other thing, {TO ME} the more power the better-no harm-....just take it easy on the volume.

Good Luck with your search...............Pat

illthreat:

My "Piece of crap" "entry Level" Outlaw Audio gear sounds great...I bought the 950 processor...the one others think is old (it is a few years old) so it doesn't have every bell and whistle out there but it has enough...I know it is thought of as "entry level" by someone here but seeing as it is the ONLY processor Outlaw uses...using his logic it is also their "top 'o the line" model as well...as for the amps...I have the 7100 which is 100w X 7 channels with all channels driven...I realize from coming here that it also is a piece of crap but I like it...I only have a 2 channel Nakamichi to compare it to musically but you know what? I like it! As for some of the negative issues with hiss and sound and whatnot...that has been corrected A LONG TIME AGO and those who owned units with these problems have had them fixed...plus there is a 5 year warranty which I find pretty good...I also have their LFM-1 sub and it is sweet...so illthreat, if you would like to join the other owners of some pieces of crap like me...come on in...the waters fine!...by the way, the Sherbourne PT-7000 processor that some others have mentioned glowingly before is in fact the Outlaw 950...I guess it is great at $1500 but becomes crap when Outlaw dares to drop the price to $699 (albeit BECAUSE it is a few years old)

Just my 02...don't let the snobs scare you off.

Bill

----------------

On 2/18/2005 7:27:00 AM silversport wrote:

illthreat:

My "Piece of crap" "entry Level" Outlaw Audio gear sounds great...I bought the 950 processor...the one others think is old (it is a few years old) so it doesn't have every bell and whistle out there but it has enough...I know it is thought of as "entry level" by someone here but seeing as it is the ONLY processor Outlaw uses...using his logic it is also their "top 'o the line" model as well...as for the amps...I have the 7100 which is 100w X 7 channels with all channels driven...I realize from coming here that it also is a piece of crap but I like it...I only have a 2 channel Nakamichi to compare it to musically but you know what? I like it! As for some of the negative issues with hiss and sound and whatnot...that has been corrected A LONG TIME AGO and those who owned units with these problems have had them fixed...plus there is a 5 year warranty which I find pretty good...I also have their LFM-1 sub and it is sweet...so illthreat, if you would like to join the other owners of some pieces of crap like me...come on along...the waters fine!...by the way, the Sherbourne PT-7000 processor that some others have mentioned glowingly before is in fact the Outlaw 950...I guess it is great at $1500 but becomes crap when Outlaw dares to drop the price to $699 (albeit BECAUSE it is a few years old)

Just my 02...don't let the snobs scare you off.

Bill

----------------

call me a snob if you wish but that doesn't change the fact that outlaw equipment is entry level....

calling the 950 processor their "top of the line" because it is the only one they sell is like someone bragging about the "top of the line" RCA home theater in a box that they just bought from target.... it may be true but it doesn't change the fact of what it actually is....

just like an entry level car - chevy cavalier for example... it will get you around, but it is still entry level.... but don't try to delude yourself that you are driving a corvette!!

and as most people here will agree - including klipsch itself - the RF line of speakers are far from entry level.... and because they have such a high sensitivity, they can easily reveal the weaknesses in any part of the signal chain.... a noisy preamp - an amplifier that cannot handle low impedances - a CD player with a bad DAC - MP3's...

go ahead and try to defend your outlaw gear - go into alot of detail about how this problem and that problem and the next problem were solved over the years.... even though people still experience problems with outlaw equipment today...(do a search on avs forum)..... defend your purchase up and down - call me a snob - call me a "dick" like the original poster in this thread did.....you just go ahead and do whatever you feel is necessary for you to feel good about your purchase....

none of it will change the simple fact that matching up an entry level amplifier with a the RF series of speakers is not the best situation...

personally, i will continue to recommend brands and models that have NOT had a history of problems

i have heard many different amplifiers over the years in my system as well as in other peoples homes and in dealers showrooms...(and i did hear an outlaw amplifier - although not hooked up to klipsch speakers).... i have owned at least 8 different solid state and/or tube amplifiers.... i sold professional/commercial audio for about 4 years at the distributor level... i have two music degrees and was a music educator for 16 years.... so maybe i have a little experience in knowing what music should sound like....

amplifiers do sound different and my original recommendation to the original poster still stands.... in this price range a professional amplifier will be better able to handle low impedance loads (very present in the RF line in the lower registers), have a larger power supply, and overall sound better than anything from outlaw - esp the outlaw monoblocks...

and after re-reading this thread it is obvious that the original poster is just looking for someone to validate his decision to purchase the outlaw monoblocks.... not really looking for the best amplifier for his money...

and for using a PC for your music source.... good luck with that!.... yep - you just keep talking about bitrates and how you can "damn near match a SACD".... if you go on about it long enough, you just might convince yourself that it sounds better than anything else out there....

btw - i did have an outlaw 950 in my system for exactly 3 days before it was returned... it simply had an inferior sound compared to the pioneer elite 55txi that i was also trying at the time.... much cheaper of course - but that seemed to be it's only redeeming value....

if you don't like my comments, then go pick up a audio magazine and read reviews... the mags ALWAYS give a favorable review.....

personally, i prefer to relate my honest opinion.... i guess you can't handle an honest opinion that happens to differ with your own....