Reference or Synergy?

Smokem

Actually in order to get any sort of discount at BB for klipsch anything you have to do a employee accommodation thru Klipsch to get any speaker.

After reading all these posts i'm almost regreting getting my Klipsch speakers. I almost wish i got the JBL E80 for the same price. Instead I got the F-2's for like 260 with no tax or shipping.

I was totally stoked about getting some Klipsch after having some crap for so long. The main reason I got these over the JBL was solely name. I was a big fan of Klipsch since i had some promedias. I should have gotten something different. damn

• Replies 45
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I gotta say I've never done an in house audition of the sf's but I can't believe they could be worse than the jbl e100s I just got rid of.The e100's sell for about $4-$500 in a store,you could buy a used pair of rf3 or rb5's for that or less and be MUCH better off.

----------------

On 2/24/2005 9:53:06 PM sesante2000 wrote:

Actually in order to get any sort of discount at BB for klipsch anything you have to do a employee accommodation thru Klipsch to get any speaker.

After reading all these posts i'm almost regreting getting my Klipsch speakers. I almost wish i got the JBL E80 for the same price. Instead I got the F-2's for like 260 with no tax or shipping.

I was totally stoked about getting some Klipsch after having some crap for so long. The main reason I got these over the JBL was solely name. I was a big fan of Klipsch since i had some promedias. I should have gotten something different. damn

----------------

forget what has been posted....

how do your speakers sound in your listening room????

no one else in this thread has heard your speakers in your room...

if it sounds good it is good!!!

Well , I guess for me (as far as the Syn. vs Ref. debate) I had been chomping at the bit to gobble up a pair of synergys because my friend uses them in his HT. Then i caught word of a Ref line that I had not heard of before. Unfortunately I had to drive 3 hours to demo them. I went and came back a new man, the most incredible speakers I had ever heard. Im not rich by any means but it took six months of saving to have the full HT RF7 series in my home and IM NEVER COMING OUT !3.gif

My brother-in-law cheaped out and bought a Synergy system over at BB, while my Dad went with the Ref. RF-5's. There is a huge diff. between the two systems. Both running the same Onkyo Rec. The Ref. series is just brighter, with tighter, deeper bass. Also it seems that across the front in theater modes, the Ref. has a more compete sound going from left to right. They don't compare to my RF7 setup, but I have considered doing my den/office with a RF35 system.