I�m Over at Max�s Taverna�.

thebes

Sorry I'm a little late - just a little bushed and jetlagged from flying over here, not to mention a few mini Johnny Walker Blacks on the flight.

Anyway, Max, who's been using your TT for a table coaster? And I only see one of the twins - I brought a bottle of Ardbeg 17 year old cask strength and a case of Heather ale and an extra dram glass for Nicholt.

A few years ago, a Scottish bartender up in Kilmartin got me hooked on rinsing the dram glass with cold water and then shaking the glass and pouring the dram neat rather than on the rocks. He said it put a layer of molecules between the glass and Scotch - made it go down smoother - and you know what? He's right - been drinking them neat ever since.

Anyway, for music, here's Wishbone Ash - Argus - remastered - if you like snappy lead guitar, this is it.

Good morning, afternoon and evening to you gentlemen and accompanying ladies. Many apologies for the delay I was in the ...er.... lounge bar with a private party - what can you do?

Does Max know how to pour a Black and Tan? - really - what a question for a barkeep of my standing.

The live Greek music entertainment will be firing up shortly - so lets hope everyone is in a mood for Bazooki..

Today's free drink is Tsipouro - imported from the shores of the land of Gods and Hero's just for you - just dont drink it sitting down like the Greeks do....you have been warned.

"Glad to see you back behind the bar, Max, the gang was getting restless"

Uh oh, a bunch of liberty sailors from the HMS Bose just walked in. Could get interesting.

Oh no, Tawny just took off one her black stilleto's and is heading over to the Bose crowd with it clutched in her hand. A most interesting gait, but I don't like the look in her eyes. Since hanging with me she's become very taken with Klipsch and she doesn't take loyalty lightly. Looks like the other gals are moving to back her up. Boy those Greeks girls look really fierce when riled. With blazing opal eyes and shoulders thrust back, I really get the feeling it's going to get ugly.

"Hey Max, has your better half made a batch of her world-famous Moussaka? We're going to need it because I think the eggplant is about to hit the fan.

Quick somebody throw some very loud music on the table."

I got back here as quick as I could. I brought the whole box from the barn. But from the looks of things around here the girls are going to need some serious beat to help them tear up those Bose girls.

I do have this one album that I think will do the trick, but I dont have it in vinyl. But it is from one of our very own, its Craigs Big Left Turn cd. Hey Max I know you have a player for this, can you put it on so we can see the twins march to the beat of Craigs drums, and kick those wicked Bose girls out of here.

3.gif

So you think I should take off the Harry Belafonte singing Hava Neglia then?

Oiy!!

Fortunately SWMBO's Moussaka doubles as an utterly deadly weapon with similar atomic mass to Uranium 235 (and very similar health giving properties).

"Reflect the sound off that ya b*****ds"

Course if anyone is offended by what is going on here there is a charming bunch of B&W fans in the lounge bar listening to chamber music at a full 85 dB.

Hot tea and cuccumber sandwiches are free in there too...what!

Hey RF, come on over here ya big lug. Did a seperate thread a couple of weeks back just to answer this question for you. Here's the link:

http://forums.klipsch.com/idealbb/view.asp?topicID=60292&forumID=68&catID=19&search=1&searchstring=&sessionID={5E0A5679-CB5D-4F48-9E1D-79250489A9F6}

Boy that was a close one. Those Bose'ers got one look at Tawny coming at them and beat a retreat.

Max, I better switch. Set me up a doudle of Jack, neat. Let's get something a little slower on the player. Time to get the gals out on the dance floor.

What do you guys ahve that will fit the bill?