CW or Heresy surround placement

rocketman50

i use heresys on their sides on a shelf mounted on the side walls to go with my k-horns. the top of the heresy is 52 inches from the floor, same height as the k-horns. using a cornwall vertical center on the floor under my tv. i have a pool table so my space is limited. room size is 20X27

I have my Heresy's on 4' high stands behind my sofa. This weekend I will be working on replacing them with a pair of Cornwalls. However, it is hard to do, since I can not place them up that high, & the height seems to make all the difference.

IM007276.JPG

It's interesting that all of you have your speakers above the listening level. Usually speakers are placed so that the tweets are at ear level while listening...but surrounds must not be that sensitive to placement. Could it be that the surround material allows a lot of latitude.? I would think using a cornwall on the floor would be fine since the tweet and horn is fairly high in the cabinet...but the Heresy would need to be raised as you fellows have done.