So, has Klipsch completely sold out now?

Scudd

• Replies 48
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

• Moderators

I don't post very often but i would like to on this topic. Their are very few companys that don't make cheap entry level products in their line , and fewer that don't send out the cheaper lines , But Klipsch still makes and sells some of the best you can buy made in the USA. You can still buy the best made here if you choose .

There are an awful lot of people who disparage Klipsch's move in placing the Synergy line in Best Buy. I for one think it was an act of brilliance. It allows for a wide exposure to the Klipsch name. Here is an example of how this works...this is a true story:

A friend of mine who had a Polk 5.1 system with a small Yammi receiver started to gain intrest in upgrading his system. He went to CC to audition Infinity and to BB to audition JBL. While at BB he heard another customer listening to the new Synergy line and hung around to listen some more himself. He had never really heard or heard of Klipsch before. This friend knows I am an audio nut but didn't know what my system consisted of. He happened to call me for advice and asked if I ever heard of Klipsh. I answered...as a matter of fact...yes, etc etc etc. Thursday he took delivery of his new Reference 35 system (Convincing him to go reference after he heard my 7 series wasn't difficult).

For those of you that still think Klipsch marketing thru BB was a dumb move, I agree, it was dumb like a fox!

JR

----------------

On 2/22/2005 11:43:27 PM Professor.Ham.Slap wrote:

----------------

On 2/22/2005 11:18:53 PM T2K wrote:

Call me back in 25 years and we'll see if you have changed your mind.

Keith

----------------

Why so bitter?

----------------

Who me? Bitter? Not bitter, not stupid either. Anyone that truly believes this statement

"we are a capatilist nation, we are not industrialized anymore the only way to grow our nation is through outsourcing.... fact of life"

has problems. The result of this type of thinking will become more apparent in the future.

Keith

Guest Anonymous

http://www.ofii.org/insourcing/

this website, shows how yes we have shipped out lots of jobs, but since we have, we have also brought many jobs to the US as a result of us sending out labor jobs (industrialized jobs) and bringing in different kinds of jobs. I do not like the fact that outsourcing happens, but it does and its allowed our country to grow! period!

Another note: I don't like bashing you or you bashing me, yours and mine personal beliefs shouldn't even be here, so I personally want to apolgize for doing so.

Thomas Jefferson did own slaves over 250 of them, and yes i even said he spoke against it! He did in fact say it was a horrible injustice that we enslaved people, but he owned them, there is no denying that fact!

If you believe in Luck then you have another thing coming, Luck is BS, adn that was the whole point of what Thomas Jefferson was saying. That through hardwork good things can happen.

Lastly, I am sorry again for offending anyone here, i really do not like to do that, and I feel that i am not apart of any "eletist" speaker club either, but i merely defended the very company that allows all of us to post on this website exactly how we feel...

----------------

On 2/23/2005 12:00:33 AM JewishAMerPrince wrote:

There are an awful lot of people who disparage Klipsch's move in placing the Synergy line in Best Buy. I for one think it was an act of brilliance. It allows for a wide exposure to the Klipsch name. Here is an example of how this works...this is a true story:

A friend of mine who had a Polk 5.1 system with a small Yammi receiver started to gain intrest in upgrading his system. He went to CC to audition Infinity and to BB to audition JBL. While at BB he heard another customer listening to the new Synergy line and hung around to listen some more himself. He had never really heard or heard of Klipsch before. This friend knows I am an audio nut but didn't know what my system consisted of. He happened to call me for advice and asked if I ever heard of Klipsh. I answered...as a matter of fact...yes, etc etc etc. Thursday he took delivery of his new Reference 35 system (Convincing him to go reference after he heard my 7 series wasn't difficult).

For those of you that still think Klipsch marketing thru BB was a dumb move, I agree, it was dumb like a fox!

JR

----------------

That's IT in a nutshell!16.gif9.gif10.gif

Bill

Wow. I actually agree with Russ.6.gif

For the most part, anyway. I also agree that it is a great move for Klipsch to be at Best Buy. My first Klipsch speakers were ProMedias from BB. That introduced me to Klipsch (and good audio in general) and resulted in my purchase of Cornwalls, Heresies, and Fortes (I and II). Klipsch is the the "gateway drug" that leads to bigger Klipsch purchases. Now, I admit that I haven't bought any NEW KLipsch products lately, but that is because I realized I am more of a low-watt 2 channel kind of guy. Which leads me to my next point...

My concern with Klipsch's current business practice is that they are making the low-fi mass market their priority and ignoring high-end possibilities. For example, the Jubilee would be on my short list if it were ever made. But it won't be. It's not cost effective. THAT is a problem, IMHO (which does, in fact, ignore the reality that Klipsch is in the business of making money and not designing speakers for a VERY small group of people).

On the outsourcing question, I, personally, don't give a good crap where the things I buy are made. Go figure out where your Ford or Chevy parts come from and don't forget to bring your atlas. If my choice is product A which is manufactured in America or product B, which is exactly the same as product A (same quality and type) but costs 1/3 less and is manufactured in China, I go product B EVERY TIME. I'm a consumer, not a charity. If American manufacturing can't reduce their costs, they won't find me willing to subsidize the labor force in an act of knee-jerk patriotism. (I guess that would be the "bring your Atlas Shrugged" response.)

What do you think China is doing with all this western money.... helping their 3rd world poplulation out of poverty? Last time I checked China was about as free as Cuba.

Its ok, in another 10 to 15 years we will be in another cold war. This time with China, funded completely by western buisness. I just hope the people of China like the little taste of capitalism they are getting and do somthing about it. Then we could credit Walmart in China with starting a free society.

You cant blame Klipsch for this though, they are just a very small piece of the puzzel.

Your a fool, if you cant see that almost every high to middle class paying job in this country cant be outsourced. Somebody somewhere can be trained to do it. The only thing safe are service jobs... you know, jobs like garbage collection. I