OK...new to 12ga speaker wires...help, please!

SilverSport

...I have always used the speaker wire that came with my speaker purchases...last "nice" wire I have used was 16ga signet copper wire...well everyone here (not everyone, but...9.gif10.gif ) says "you gotta use 12ga/10ga this or that wire...to try some out, I went to Home Depot and picked up the 12ga Carol clear jacketed copper/silver stuff...man, this stuff is thick! Alright, how do you get this stuff around the little screws on original Heresys??? It BARELY fit through the lil holes on the Outlaw amp and would NOT fit on those crappy spring loaded speaker clamps on the back of my Nakamichi 2 channel...what to do???

I am ready to hear almost ANYTHING!...2.gif3.gif9.gif10.gif

Thanks for ANY help!

Bill

Interesting that you say that...listening to a Heart (those Wilson girls rock!) on my "old" Nakamichi Stasis "Tuner/Amp" through my other set of Heresys and the 16ga wires...beautiful sound!

My brother gave me some old Mons*er cable that is 14ga in a very flexible clear jacket...I would LOVE to find something like this for cheap not from that maker...I DID see some RCA branded cable at Home Depot that was oxygen free clear jacketed double copper wire but I had to "hear" what I was missing...so far I wasn't missing anything...your thoughts, people???

Bill

9.gif10.gif16.gif2.gif3.gif

----------------

On 2/24/2005 10:51:53 PM silversport wrote:

I would LOVE to find something like this for cheap not from that maker...

----------------

For a flexible, good quality and "thick" looking cable simply use a pro style "tire cap" wire like the CAROL 12GA 2 COND 50' offered at PartsExpress.

No fancy marketing... just good quality...

Rob

As usual don't trust anybody, try. Nobody possesses the truth. I've learnt that sometimes the most unexpected tweak works.

I use silver and IMHO silver sound better with tube gear especially interconnects.

BTW I'd read somewhere that silver oxide has the same or lower resistance than silver to be verified.

----------------

On 2/25/2005 8:01:14 AM krzys wrote:

As usual don't trust anybody, try. Nobody possesses the truth. I've learnt that sometimes the most unexpected tweak works.

I use silver and IMHO silver sound better with tube gear especially interconnects.

BTW I'd read somewhere that silver oxide has the same or lower resistance than silver – to be verified.

----------------

you're right..... i don't trust your opinion!!!

2.gif

I trust double blind taste tests, which show the cable may not be discernable, but Nelson Pass had an article once saying the connection DOES make a big difference, he liked spades, BTW I do have silver Monster interconnects...

10.gif