RF-7's @ 4ohms

doctorcilantro

----------------

On 2/27/2005 10:15:21 AM zman wrote:

The Rotel 200 watt per channel amp I just got says minimum 4 ohms on the back panel. What is the significance of that with RF-7 speakers?

----------------

the minimum rating on an amplifier means that the speakers you use with them should have a nominal or average impedance not any lower than that figure......

since the RF-7's have a nominal impedance of 8 ohms you should have no problem with using the rotel amp

1.gif

Dean,

I do not have a scanner, but I do have a photo copier at home. PM or email me your address in Ohio and I will mail you a complete copy of the review of the full Referece 7 array in S&V.

If I can find the other review in Home Theater mag I will include that as well.

Bill

PS: I have located the second review and will include it. The digital photocopies turned out with the fine print fully legible. I can fax them to you today with a phne number, but resolution may be lost. Home Theater has a minimum impedance of 3.53 to S&V's 2.8 ohms. B

Hey Doc,

Give it a try. It won't harm anything. You're using the 8 Ohms taps right now, right? I'm interested to hear how your RF-7 behave on the lower imp tap.

I'm still blown away by the difference it made with my RF-35. I catch myself looking at the subwoofer's LED once in a while to make sure it's not on. Even the soundstage improved. I'm sure you'll get a nice improvement because I'm sure the RF-7 dip lower than my 35's. Let me know how they sound with the 4 Ohms taps.

Thanks for the offer but I just found a set of 12ga that I was using for my Polk Audio speakers. Before I try bi-wiring I want to upgrade the binding posts on my amp to gold plated ones. Thanks again.

Here's one for everybody. How come I never hear talk about bi-wiring on tube amps?

Maurice