Another Scammer

• Replies 43
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

----------------

On 3/1/2005 12:46:25 AM klipschaholik wrote:

Look's like someones trying to set up another scam.

Looking at his picture, I didn't realize that cactus grew in England!

Hope Ebay Fries his **s

----------------

this same set (the exact same) went for $5350 last sunday?

maybe the guy who bought them is reselling them???

sounds like it might be a scam

jay

He's been reported, thrice. This set was sold on the 22nd of February for over $6K. That deal appeared legit, the seller was in Arizona. Last fraud I reported was pulled within thirty minutes. Let's see how long this one takes.

This is what I just sent them. Come on guys, if we all work together maybe we can bid this set up to a BILLION

Item number(s):

Message: Why don't you do something? I've alerted you to this FRAUD and provided proof. I think I will bring some attention to this matter by bidding $1,000,000 on this item #. Thanks for your rapid response to crimes being committed on your site.

I am having an email dialog with the scumbag right now. I've offered him $8,000.00 cash, his choice Pounds, Euros or U.S. dollars. Says he wants a MoneyGram after the auction's over. I've offered to pick the speakers up tomorrow.

Note that the winner of the first auction was "bigben(something)". Could be a buyer in England thinking he got a good deal, trying a quick resale at a higher price (flipping) to make a quick profit. Why use another ID as a seller though? He should set a reserve too if that is what he trying to do. There is an outside chance this is a legit but low class thing. You can always use the ask the seller a question feature and simply ask if this is the same equipment ("kit" in England I do believe) that was recently sold as Item # whateveritwas. It goes right on the auction page and perhaps warns potential buyers that it does not look right. I'll post the question if you don't want to since you have already contacted him. This could be like something out of the Hardy Boys.

----------------

On 3/1/2005 8:09:42 PM sputnik wrote:

Note that the winner of the first auction was "bigben(something)". Could be a buyer in England thinking he got a good deal, trying a quick resale at a higher price (flipping) to make a quick profit. Why use another ID as a seller though? He should set a reserve too if that is what he trying to do. There is an outside chance this is a legit but low class thing. You can always use the ask the seller a question feature and simply ask if this is the same equipment ("kit" in England I do believe) that was recently sold as Item # whateveritwas. It goes right on the auction page and perhaps warns potential buyers that it does not look right. I'll post the question if you don't want to since you have already contacted him. This could be like something out of the Hardy Boys.

----------------

Questions asked of the seller will only show up on the auction page if he allows it. I've already used this to contact him regarding my "buy it now" offer. I've received four emails from him so far and believe me, he's not English. The original seller was in Arizona U.S.A. and though certainly not impossible, I doubt this set of speakers has already made it to England, the original auction just ended on February 22, 2005.

The original buyer "bigben1110" is stateside. He's been a ebayer since 2002 and has feedback. The scumbag seller became a member of ebay 3 DAYS after the original auction ended on the 22nd. No "flipping" going on here. I am waiting to hear back from him as to my offer to pick them up and deliver his $8K tomorrow. He doesn't seem to want to talk to me now. 1.gif Go ahead and contact him and make him an offer but tell him you're NOT in England, I bet he'll be more receptive. 3.gif

Someone should offer to put up a downpayment with a Western Union wire transfer, say $1,500 to hold the speakers until they can be picked up. See if that doesn't get a quick response from the rat. Then, get an address from him to send the payment to and send the information to Ebay or the local authorities. My cover is already blown so I can't contact him.11.gif