LaScalas on EBay only $600 3hrs to go

laurenc319

----------------

On 3/7/2005 8:04:06 PM laurenc319 wrote:

hi,

i know the last few minutes is where the action is. Right now 27 min to go and at 810 dollars. They are not mine btw.

Larry

----------------

MAN LARRY YOU COST ME SOME EXTRA BUCKS, WHY YOU WANT TO GO AND TELL EVERYBODY ABOUT MY LA SCALAS9.gif here i was trying to be all sneaky and stuff still got a good deal though but the discription isnt quite accurate on them i emailed the seller the 2 dark aeras are spots where the veneer was sanded thru (he said excellent shape) sure hope thats all there is to find wrong. ( just joking around by the way )9.gif10.gif Joe

I looked at these too. . .If I remember correctly, the Squwaker and Crossover wasn't correct for the year speaker. I believe they were '77s which had AA crossovers and the Alnico k55. . .I seem to remember AL's and newer k55's in these. Am I in left field on this one?

----------------

On 3/8/2005 1:25:26 PM tidmack wrote:

I looked at these too. . .If I remember correctly, the Squwaker and Crossover wasn't correct for the year speaker. I believe they were '77s which had AA crossovers and the Alnico k55. . .I seem to remember AL's and newer k55's in these. Am I in left field on this one?

----------------

well im not sure if you are in left feild or not but the seller did not post any pics of the drivers and no information about replacements being made, where did you get your information. Joe

----------------

On 3/8/2005 9:27:56 AM laurenc319 wrote:

hi Joe,

Glad you got them. I gave them some serious thought as they are just 2 1/2 hours from I live ( in the Reading PA area ). Give us a follow up as how they sound and how you like them. I would love to hear them sometime.

Larry

----------------

thanks larry, i am going to go up on sat evening and pick them up first thing sunday morning, i will definately post a thread about there sound and condition we know how sellers like to exagerate, any time you are in the aera and want a demo just shoot me an email i would be happy to demo them or any of my gear10.gif Joe

Joe,

Are the 'Scalas you bought the ones in the link at the beginning of the thread? If not, please disregard my previous statements. If yes, check out the pic that shows the rear of one speaker. . .it shows a k55m and an AL network, which isn't right for a serial number "R" from '77. It's not a big deal, they're still klipsch parts. I just didn't know if anyone else noticed this. Take care,

Jeff

----------------

On 3/8/2005 8:59:19 PM tidmack wrote:

Joe,

Are the 'Scalas you bought the ones in the link at the beginning of the thread? If not, please disregard my previous statements. If yes, check out the pic that shows the rear of one speaker. . .it shows a k55m and an AL network, which isn't right for a serial number "R" from '77. It's not a big deal, they're still klipsch parts. I just didn't know if anyone else noticed this. Take care,

Jeff

----------------

hello you are right i didnt notice the pic of the rear was more interested in the desc. and the 2 places where the veneer was sanded thru, however i did post a ? in tech where there seems to be a difference of opinion, that the al crossover is indeed the original according to 3 other forum members, i didnt bother asking about the driver as it would be common to change out a driver if one failed and klipsch probably wouldnt have had the original(dont know), also i looked up other la scalas from around that time period and they also had the al crossovers and one had the k55m driver in it, i dont know all the specks of what came in what when so i kinda rely on the members knowledge here 10.gif Joe