how many of us are in Bands??

Scp53

Nice morph from that classic farside comic Trey. Gary Larson really needs to come out of retirement. No comic ever made me laugh like the Farside could. I used to have a tshirt with that comic on the back.

I am a musician by trade. Did the band and choir thing all the way through HS and College. Graduated and now lead several choirs and ensembles at the church where I work.

Music is my profession !

I run my own drum school (established in 1979)

during the day, and am in three established bands.

One is a Queensryche tribute band, called MINDCRIME

and two others are all original bands,...one called Z-Lot-Z !

.... constantly working on recording and releasing cd's...yearly !

Anyone want a FREE cd ???

... hit the link below !

http://forums.klipsch.com/idealbb/view.asp?topicID=60746

Took up the clarinet in 4th grade...hated it! My junior year I took up piano so I could learn to read sheet music. The teacher never bothered to instruct me since I could play by ear, instead she concentrated on the other students who had no business whatsoever sitting in front of any musical instrument, and so I learned to read and play a little Bach invention by myself!

All through my teens my dad owned all sorts of electronic organs, from a '68 Montgomery Ward chord organ, to several SS Hammonds (no B3, but they did have tube Leslies), an electrified WurliTzer reed organ, and several Rodgers early digital church organs. I learned to play (by ear) many traditional church hymns and Christmas carols just enough to have people recognize them; I mostly play in the key of C 'cause that's all I know, and my fingering technique sucks without question (I can't get my pinkies to work on a keyboard). Later he bought and restored an antique 1888 Estey 2-manual pump organ which we still have today, and in '83 he completed the building and installation of a 19 rank residence pipe organ in our house, complete with MIDI control to a Cakewalk 4.0 DOS sequencer and a Roland SoundCanvas synth module (MIDI controller is defunkt, and the organ's up for sale).

Back in '81 with the Army one of my roommates was lead singer/guitarist to a local Atlanta punk band called the "Digital Delinquents" and he wanted me to be his keyboardist. I didn't feel like I was good enough to play that style of music, so I turned him down (I still regret that decision to this day)...that's the closest I ever got to actually playing with any band.