HK or Yamaha?

jkd740

Hi guys,

I'm stuck trying to decide on what receiver I want. I'm looking at the Yamaha RX-V750 and the HK AVR335. There are things about each of them that I like more. For instance I really like the two zone capability with the yamaha, the HK is more pleasing on the eyes, says my wife. I've listened to both side by side and still can't decide.

I'm just starting a small home theater system. I will be putting together consisting of 4 RSX5's, RCX4, and probably an RW10. Considering this setup which receiver would you recommend? Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated! Thanks!

I have the Yamaha 750 and I really like it. In addition to the two zones (which I don't use) the amp has the ability to mix speaker impedance (WHICH I DO USE!!) The front ambiance speaker ability is nice also. I use them and they add to the movie experience.

I am not sure if I would go to the next unit up. I have thought about it with my 750 The next unit up has the ability to match timber on the speakers also. I spent some money and time to make sure my speakers match well but the ability to tweak the timber to get them to match would have been nice.

The YAPO works VERY well! I have a tough room (third post down fourth page of the show us you ht thread) with NO walls on the left side or the back of the room and the YAPO set the system up to work well in that room! I can only imagine what it might sound like in a GOOD room

I have heard other s-s recivers and I am shocked that some people don't hear the difference, vintage HK sounds so much better in my books, the HK AV630 is OK, not using it, guess I should hook it up and decide if I am going to keep it-

how the hell does the Yammie do anything with speaker impedances except offer different taps? (sounds like hype)

7.gif

Two Harman Kardon AVR series owner for me. I love the sound. I've never heard a yammi, but people have been quoted as sying that Klipsch matched up with Yammi is bright.

Until I decide to go sepparates someday, I'll be sticking with Harman.