SIX

m00n

That is the number of extra kids running around my house tonight. We have 2 of our own, so 8.... 8 yelling, screaming, running around children in my house all spending the night. All between the age of 4 and 10.

I.T. I.S. A. M.A.D.H.O.U.S.E!

----------------

On 3/12/2005 11:40:15 PM Klipschfoot wrote:

Ain't it great?

----------------

Riiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiight.

I guess it's all good until the girls start taking their tops off which they did. Had to put an end to that. Don't need any upset parents calling my house tomorrow.

Not sure how I missed this thread earlier, anyway...

Had my wifes brother, his wife and their 4 kids up for the weekend. Along with our daughter 5 of em between age 5 and 11. Total zoo. Went out sledding Sat afternoon to the BIG hill down the road 1/4 mile, kids had a great time, no one got hurt. Came back, played in thouse for a couple hours, decided to send em back outside to blow off some steam. They decided to sled down the big hill of snow from the plow down into our back yard, an initial grade of over 45 deg for maybe 6-8 feet, then a slow taper to the lake. First kid went down, everything was peachy. Our 5 yr old, Claire, went next, but hit a bump funny on the way down the hill, took off at a crazy 45 deg angle to the first sled. Hit a little slope, angled off again, still clipping along pretty good, the inner tube hit a vent pipe that sticks up maybe 6 inches out of the ground. Tube stopped, Claire didn't. Flew 4 feet through the air and hit the side of her head square on a rock roughly 20" in diameter that was one of many pulled out when they dug our basement last year. Luckily I was outside watching em; you ain't ever seen an overweight 44 yr old smoker in slippers slip/slide/run/fall down a hill so fast in your life. Got the hat untied and off, no blood luckily, but plenty of tears. Got her inside, undressed, warmed up a little, crying stopped but she said it still hurt. (WELL DUH!!) We were asking questions every 10 minutes or so, she finally admitted that she couldn't read numbers when we tried to get her too, said they were fuzzy, so zoooppppp... off to the ER. 2 hours and comfirmation of no concussion but some deep bruising later, we were off back home. Enough fun for one day. But noooo.....

10:00 same night. Two littlest kids are dressed up as princesses in clothes that don't really fit right, but having a blast running around as the moms are talking plants and bulbs for the upcoming spring and the dads are discumming room treatments, the reflection and absorbtion of sound, standing waves, etc. All the kids are downstairs playing, suddenly "MOMMMMMMMM.... Bring down a towel quick" followed by more very loud crying. This time was their youngest, fell on the cement floor onto her chin, nice slice, dripping over everything, finally got her to stop long enough to check out the wound, and sure enough, 10:15.... zooooppppp... off to the ER again. 2 more hours and 3 stitches later, the wives get home with the daughter, other dad is crashed on the floor, I'm stuck flipping between a physics show on PBS and some Speedway show about the design and construction of Indy cars. Finally everyones in bed, and NO, there was no sledding or rough-housing yeaterday!! Nothing like two trips to the ER on the same day!!!

m00n, be glad they were just running and screaming, not crying and bleeding!!

We never hesitated to say "Yes" to the massive sleepovers when our kids were young. We KNEW where our kids were, and that compensated for all the other aggravation. Feeding a crew like that could break the bank. I would chop up a bag of potatos and start the deep frier. As each batch came off, I would dump them on newspaper on the dinner table with the admonition "dig in --the spuds got done before the chicken!" By the time the chicken got done, the kids were full and one piece of chicken sufficed. Nobody caught on --or even seemed to care.

If you need to whiz in the middle of the night, be careful where you step. With wall-to-wall kids, you can do some real harm.

My kids now have kids. They tell me that some of their most cherished memories have to do with the monster allnighters. Mine, too.

Just think how many young minds got introduced to the glory of KLIPSCH! See?

DR BILL

----------------

On 3/14/2005 5:13:04 PM Champagne taste beer budget wrote:

m00n, be glad they were just running and screaming, not crying and bleeding!!

----------------

Oh not so.

We have lived in our house for almost 5 years now. In our dinning room has a sliding glass door leading to what used to be outside. But a room was added on and now it leads down some stairs and into the kids play room.

This sliding glass window has metal frame. Well.. As I said we've been here for almost 5 years and not a problem 1 with it. Window is wide open, A little 3 year old comes up the stairs trips puts her hands out to catch her fall. Her hands land on the metal frame of the window, SLICE! Don't know how it formed, but for some reason (we had NEVER known it was like this) there is a small section of the railing on the bottom that has become knife sharp. Sliced the crap out of her hand. They had to rush her to the hospital. Luckly no stitches, the doc was able to just glue her slice shut. These were people I had never met. Imagine the horror, guilt, stupidity I felt. 4.gif