SO, mOOn .....

Duke Spinner

----------------

On 3/17/2005 10:02:15 PM bsafirebird1969 wrote:

have you thought about BEC's ."CornScala" ..??

if i didn't have So many Speakers .. i would surely build a set ...
2.gif

----------------

What do you mean? No way to have too many speakers.

Bob Crites

Moonie,

At least buy two K33's and slap em in, you can blank off the horn holes and fire em up and at least hear the low end, sounds like that's what you're going to be most critical of anyway.

Is there anyone near MOON who can give him a Cornwall auditon? You're certainly welcome over here at pilgrimage time, but I'll bet you're dying to get going on these babies!

Michael

Well... I dunno what I'm doing yet. Yes, they will be filled at some point. right now, I'm just trying to get price averages to see how much it's going to cost me to fill these cornwalls up.

Not worried at all about the crossovers or woofs. I know that there are lots of options for those. What I'm most ly worried about are the horns. Those most likely will be what I try to acquire first.

I'm still undecided on which version I want 1 or 2.

What's the big diff Moon? I take it you're favoring the K601 horn, then I'd opt to get the K55 as they're more plentiful, just make sure they mate up. Xover-wise, wouldn't you just have a B3 in either case. Tweeters the K77 and K79 are so close as to make negligible diff.

I'd just buy whatever was available and slap it together. In proud Cornwall tradition. (Just kidding- kinda) LOL

Michael

----------------

On 3/18/2005 4:32:17 AM colterphoto1 wrote:

What's the big diff Moon? I take it you're favoring the K601 horn,

Michael

----------------

At this point, I'm not favoring anything, I just want to end up with a great sounding cornwall.

Moon, you could always put a tractrix horn in , or do the Altec thing or ??? Lots of variations in the midrange department, but I'd start stock and see if you were pleased with that first. How else will you know if you've improved on the original? Plus any deviation requires a xover adjustment making the project more complicated and costly, if those are considerations.

Just my .02.

Michael

----------------

On 3/19/2005 6:57:14 AM Audible Nectar wrote:

Nice work, m00n - those are the toughest part of the system to get.....especially the midrange horn. It's going to get easier from this point.

----------------

That was what someone had said about a week ago which is why I thought my heart was going to stop about 30 seconds before the auction ended. I really didn't want to spend the money for them right now, but nor did I want to pass up my lucky chance at them.

----------------

On 3/17/2005 10:02:15 PM bsafirebird1969 wrote:

have you thought about BEC's ."CornScala" ..??

----------------

CornScala? I must have missed the threads talking about his CornScala. What is it? A crossover? And actuall corwall cab and lascalla cab?

yup, Cornwall bass with LS top (tweet the same, just mid would change) Supposedly a MONSTER of a cabinet. Other derivations would include the Cornwall 500 with an Altec sectoral horn on top. Really ugly but screams.

Just build it by the book for now, we'll get fancy later...

Michael