Want to buy original stands for Cornwall & to trade my cane color grilles for black Cornwall grilles.

MICA

Looking to buy original stands(raisers) for Cornwall's at reasonable price.

Also if somebody want to swap black Cornwall grilles for my cane grilles,please let me know. My cane gilles are like brand new condition.

thanks in advance!

----------------

On 3/19/2005 6:24:19 PM MICA wrote:

Looking to buy original stands(raisers) for Cornwall's at reasonable price.

Also if somebody want to trade black Cornwall grilles for my cane grilles,please let me know. My cane gilles are like brand new condition.

thanks in advance!

----------------

i would be interested in the grills swap i have 2 sets of cornwalls and both have the black grills, they are in very good condition also no pulls or stains etc..., i can make you an exact replica of the cornwall riser also, as i have 2 pair to take the measurements off of,(carpentry is my day job)everything from furniture grade work to decks10.gif Joe

Thanks MICA,

are those original Klipsch Cornwall grilles? I've never seen that material before. Trying to find something like that, hate to be a bother, but could you post a close-up photo of the material itself, possible with a ruler for comparison of the fabric weave. Is it real cane or plasticy material? Don't see how they could bend cane around the edge of 1/4" masonite and glue it in place?

Thanks.

Michael

----------------

On 3/23/2005 8:07:56 PM MICA wrote:

Try to keep up my add
:)
)

Found the raisers.Only need black Cornwall grilles. Did somebody try to paint this cloth material?

----------------

No, do not try to paint the cloth material. Keep your original cane grills (for future resell, historical, etc.) and make another pair of black grills for your Cornwalls. JC had a nice thread where he showed step-by-step how he did his, using masonite. http://forums.klipsch.com/idealbb/view.asp?topicID=61537&sessionID={30B08277-D06A-4210-9E73-E67F5C3C50D5}.

As for the grill material, I would call Duracrest Fabrics, Inc. who has supplied Klipsch for many years - (708) 344-4900. Ralph is a nice guy, and you want #17 Klipsch Heritage Black Grille Cloth. The fabric is 72 inches wide and comes in yard lengths @ $17.50 a yard. I recently received two yards of the #17 from Duracrest and am going to make a new black outer grill for my Vertical Cornwall this weekend so my center Corn will match my Belles. I went with Duracrest because I wanted to match other existing black Klipsch grills. If matching grills is not a concern, there are other sources for black grill fabric, as JC's thread points out (or your local fabric supply store).

After all, you have an advantage because you have removable grills from the front. Those of us with older Cornwalls have to deal with the grill integrated with the mother board, etc. (opening up from the rear).

Carl.