Sonic Impact (Tripath) amp and battery for sale

markmaple

After reading some threads about the Sonic Impact digital amp with the Tripath chip in it, I ordered one to hear for myself. While it was back-ordered, I read about and ordered the Teac AL700P amp (Tripath chip). I have had the Teac amp for about a week and a half now. This week, the Sonic Impact was delivered. I don't really need to play with both of these, so I am selling the never used Sonic Impact and never used SLA battery (recommended power source). It looks like the amp is out of stock again at Parts Express.

Sonic Impact amp:

http://www.partsexpress.com/pe/showdetl.cfm?&DID=7&Partnumber=300-952

SLA Battery:

http://www.partsexpress.com/pe/showdetl.cfm?&DID=7&Partnumber=140-460

Selling for $55 delivered in the continental US. Paypal is accepted.

I was impressed with the Teac. I hooked it up the first night and listened to a few CDs. It's hard to A/B amps due to having to swith speaker wires and interconnects, but I thought it was real comparable to my Rotel RB-1080. I have been letting it run during the day to give it some break in hours (supposedly it improves after about 80 hours) and will remove the center channel board (suppose to improve performance) and then give it another listen soon.

----------------

On 3/25/2005 10:37:08 AM markmaple wrote:

I was impressed with the Teac. I hooked it up the first night and listened to a few CDs. It's hard to A/B amps due to having to swith speaker wires and interconnects, but I thought it was real comparable to my Rotel RB-1080. I have been letting it run during the day to give it some break in hours (supposedly it improves after about 80 hours) and will remove the center channel board (suppose to improve performance) and then give it another listen soon.
----------------

What the heck could "break in" on a transistor chip?

----------------

On 3/25/2005 10:37:08 AM markmaple wrote:

----------------

Not that I "needed" another amp, but I also have a Teac on the way. I can always use another amp for switching purposes.

Mark, is there a thread somewhere on the web describing which one is the center board and how to remove it? Might as well pull mine also since I will not be using the center board.

Carl.