forte

r.cherry

i have an oppertunity to purchase a set of forte speakes made in 1989. they are in nice condition, actuall like new. they have the risers and are in good working order. what is a good price for these? i have had friends with lascalas, hereseys, kg4, and cornwalls. i hope if i get these they sound as nice as all the other klipsch speakers i have heard...

thank you for your replys

r

Fortes I and IIs are similar to Chorus models, though less-sensitive, and roll off slowly below 200Hz. Last year, a half-dozen pairs sold on eBay from a remarkable $158 to a high of $930, for an average of $591.

10.gif

I bought my Fortes in 1989 new for $1000. I think new ones usually retailed for between $1000-$1200. I bought a pair of Forte IIs a couple of years ago for about $400, but that is cheaper than the average. $400-$600 is a typical Ebay price for used ones in pretty good to excellent condition.

i got to listen to these all day yesterday1.gif . i was back to do more work and we had spoken last week about me buying them or trading for work/labor. what a pleasure it was listening to these. clean and clear, just right. i will not be able to listen to my "stereo" again. these speakers are one owner forte 1 built 7/89. they are walnut and in perfect condition. they currently flank the baby grand in the living rm of the house i am working on. and appear to have been well loved. my fingers are crossed that i will be able to negotiate a price i will be able to afford as i am currently trying to get my 41 chevy finished for this summer and it is also needing monitary attention. imo i care not so much about the beauty of the boxes as i do the sound comming from them...

but...if i have to have walnut forte's in mint condition well who am i to argue

2.gif

thank you all

30+ years now i have lusted after klipsch, could it be my turn?

i hope so9.gif

If you're working on the house you might be able to berter services for Forte's. The only thing better than mint walnut Forte's are either free or one's you didn't lay cash out for! Even if you give them $500 or so, you won't regret it. If you don't end up with them, ask the seller if you can help them sell their Forte's on this forum.

I used to have KG4s, which were fine speakers in their own right, and esepecially for the price, but the Fortes were a big step up. The bass is magnificent and, of course, the mids are much more alive than the 2 way KG4s.

I bought a pair of absolutely mint walnuts for $600 and have no regrets what so ever.