Who Makes Klipsch Herritage Drivers

KT66

At the risk of repeating myself I must say: I have never seen a PD4V in a Klipsch product. Now my experience as a Klipsch dealer only goes back 28 years, perhaps what you describe happened prior to my sales experience.

I would still consider it fraud on someones part, I am still finding it hard to believe Klipsch would do it.

I have used many PD4Vs in speakers I have built, they don't go high enough to use with a K77 and meet the performance spec of ±5dB in the range of 2Khz~6Khz. I can make it flat, but it takes a very complex network, a Klipsch network will not do it.

djk:

That was the most non abrasive statement you have made.

This should have gone to PM.

As I have said all I have to say on the matter, and I have nothing to gain or prove, that's it.

You've mentioned being a Klipsch Dealer. But it would have been a courtesy to send info you have to BEC.

I'm glad you said fraud. It does sound better than Con.

Enjoy your day

EDIT:

Although I received an email regarding your abilitites, I will note and give tribute via what I have been told.

In the mean, I am left with the number of people tah state the use, including one from Hope who recognized the number, and it was there that they were made...

In my case, only given your statements, no data, and a tone that maybe you use, but I do not

- a round through Domestic Violence Unit makes one more aware, what would you believe? Please note that I have used it in one of my Heresys.

This should either never come to this point or if you must insult my Dealer, take it to PM, or email me.

Still you come to my Dealer. Putting aside all of the other people, it is a fraud. You also insulting me , have insulted me via accusation, yet you do not even know me. You may have heard things second or thirdhand - what I do not know. I wish my Dealer were alive.

This could have been civil, but no.

I have made friends with those that disagree with me.

I wish you success in your business(es.)

What is the number on your woofer? Chances are it is a K33E, which is Eminence manufacture. Jensens were only used in early 60's products, it is the silver basket K33J, which also carries the P15LL Jensen number on the rim of the basket.

I know, I've got two of them and I've got 20 years of experience with Klipsch speakers and I was a soundman for a band and I ran big light shows and set up fancy stages yada yada yada...

Michael

Michael

I was just trying to throw in a bit of sarcasm into this topic :)

yes , I'm happy that the woof is made by Eminence, but what is still as clear as mud is the supplier(s) for the M55 & M77.

VTV magazine listed (in issue 13) suppliers for the more 'vintage' heritage models but stop at around 1980. (My LS were made Sept. 2000)

I think EV/University made the K77's through the 90's pretty much. I remember buying a pair of the EV brand through a electronics distributor MCM electronics. According to what I've heard on this Forum, Klipsch would purchase a large quantity of the units, then test each one, the ones that passed muster were labeled K77, the rest were returned, so Klipsch took a relatively inexpensive units, picked the best of the lot and used them. Pretty neat production philosophy.

Can anyone provide a picture of the face of their 70's Heresy mid-drivers? The PD-4V and the PD5-VH look almost EXACTLY alike except for the differences that djk noted: 6 screws for the PD5-VH versus 3 drift-pins for the PD-4V. I am only trying to satisfy my own curiosity, and not take sides. I have examples here of the PD-4V, PD-5VH, and K-55-V, but that in itself doesn't prove anything. Thanks,

Chris

Correct me if I'm wrong but the PD-5VH and the K55-V are not the same. I remember reading that PWK modified the PD-5VH design, making it not so deep. I don't know about the diaphram if they are even the same. But I would persume that both would effect the Frequency Responce of both drivers.

----------------

On 4/5/2005 6:43:30 PM mungkiman wrote:

Can anyone provide a picture of the face of their 70's Heresy mid-drivers? The PD-4V and the PD5-VH look almost EXACTLY alike except for the differences that djk noted: 6 screws for the PD5-VH versus 3 drift-pins for the PD-4V. I am only trying to satisfy my own curiosity, and not take sides. I have examples here of the PD-4V, PD-5VH, and K-55-V, but that in itself doesn't prove anything. Thanks,

Chris

----------------

It doesn't answer the question of whether an Atlas PD-4V ever came from the Klipsch factory in a Heresy or not, and enquiring minds want to know. I have included a picture of the face of both a PD5-VH (6 screws) and a PD-4V (3 pins) to help people observe the subtle differences between the two. Can anyone post a picture of a Klipsch labeled PD-4V from any heritage model? Thanks,

Chris