PB12Plus 2 For Sale

CECAA850

I'm going to build an IB and reclaim some of my living room floor space. As far as the SVS goes, I'd never buy a sub from a different company. Their products are outstanding and their customer service is even better. If they sold stock I'd have some!

I know you've probably already made your mind up to sell it due its large footprint and overall huge size. Trust me, I know - I have a PB2-ISD in my main system (downstairs), and the largest footprint that is "allowed" in my main family room (by the missus) is a 20-39 SVS cylinder.

However, you will miss this baby once its gone. Have you considered popping the baseplate off and running it on its side with the woofers exposed (and ports up)? I've run mine like that for the last year with great results. And a much smaller footprint. Just a thought.

Carl.

----------------

On 4/1/2005 10:14:26 AM Scp53 wrote:

are those 18in avalanches your talking about? that would be the ultimate sub system. if you have any neighbors, they'll for sure hear it and feel it
9.gif

scp53

----------------

Yep those are the ones. I get a subsonic chubbie just thinking about it. I still have to give praise to the SVS though, Pound for pound, dollar for dollar, it's the most impressive piece of sub I've ever had, and I've had a couple.

thats going to be insane!! how big is the room? Have you talked to Chad from ascendant audio yet? maybe he'll tell ya its "too much". but theres not such thing as too much super low bass. He told me that he is scared to turn up test tones with two 18in ava's in his home(IB setup). im not sure if running 4 will be safe for the house. please post pics and tell us how you like it. i think after you get that built you'll never have to upgrade the low end again.

good luck

scp53

It's about 5000 cu/ft with 3 openings. I've e-mailed Chad only to see if I could get a price break on 4 drivers (not) but not for a recomendation. I'm going from 2 SVS's to an IB and wanted to be durn sure I noticed an improvement. The 2 SVS's were no slouch. I also live in Tx, and really didn't want to go up into that hot attic again to add more drivers later on down the road if I was unhappy with 2.

there two different subs in a sense. for really, really low stuff the svs will own the rsw's im sure. for the higher frequency punchy bass the rsw's own the svs. or at least this is what ive heard from others on this forum.

scp53

I'll have to agree w/scp53 on this one. The RSW's will give you more slam in the 40 Hz region and are great with music. For HT the SVS will give you more usable SPL below 25Hz. In my room, fron 20 to 16 Hz, the output actually increases slightly. The reference subs drop off substantially in this area. Not to mention the money you'll have left over if you comapre the price of the 2 Reference speakers to the 1 SVS.

laff

tkdamerica, get in touch with the guys at SVS, tell 'em what you have and that you want as many of their lowest-capable offerings as would be necessary to go with that when it's tuned to the lowest it will go (i think it's 12Hz or something like that), and set yourself up a real monster.

6.gif

----------------

On 4/1/2005 10:14:26 AM Scp53 wrote:

are those 18in avalanches your talking about? that would be the ultimate sub system.

----------------

It is amongst the "ultimate" currently available. Ask for a recommendation on the IB forum with enough budget for some overkill, and they'll give you enough sub to keep you grinning for quite a while.