Klipsch RF-7 and Klipschorn Corner Speakers???

msst

Anyone have the RF-7 and Klipschorn corner speakers that can tell me the difference between the two?? The Pros and Cons about both???

I am still having a hard time finding a dealer to get the Klipschorn for me, and the one I did find is trying to change full list price for it.

Ive talked to about 4 guys who tell me they prefer their RF-7 over the Klipschorn with the RF-7s overall performance, detail, resolution, bass, smooth midrange, and all that great stuff. So Im a bit confused as to which to go with now. I would like to hear real answers from users who have both if possible. Its also as if I may have no choice but get an RF-7 pair as the Heritage line seems hard to get from a dealer. Klipsch tells me over and over that the dealer can get it but each time I tell the dealer that Klipsch says they can order it, they say that have to check into that and I dont hear back from them. Im thinking that I might have to order it from a dealer out of state that can get it and have it shipped to me that is also willing to work out a fair deal with me.

Ive heard so much great comments and reviews on the RF-7 that I am starting to think that just might be the best way to go for myself!, obviously the easiest way to go.

Any of you good folks can help me out with what to go with on help between the sounds of the two models? Thanking you!

They are really different sounds for speakers. neither is bad.

Stream off conciousness...

- Khorn mid is better detail and soundstage

- Folded horn bass on Khorn is very efficient and fast

-corner placment is not a no brainer for the K horn

-RF-7 is easier to place

-RF-7 is a 2 way rather than a 3 way; the tweeter is asked to do more

-RF-7 high end may be a little rolled off and more forgiving with SS elevctronics

+++++++++++++++

Keep calling dealers to find a good one; report arrogant ones to Klipsch.

Msst, welcome to the forum!

As stated, these are really different speakers. The Klipschorn is really king of the hill for dynamics, speed and ability to fill a room with incredible music. The RF7's aren't in the same class that way.

To do Klipschorns justice, you need a big room (20' across, 12' deep as a reasonable minimum). Near field listening is possible but the low end of these beasts needs room to breathe. If your room is smaller, consider the RF7's, a great speaker in their own right. Beware of solid state amplification, unless you've got very clean gain. Tubes work really well with RF7's and lately the digitals are getting very good reviews. Think about the old HK430/630/730/930 twin series.

Personally, I've heard both and own Klipschorns. It's no contest for me. Klipschorns are the gold standard. I couldn't afford new so I bought used at 1000-1200 for the pair and put some $$ into restoring them.

Never looked back!

Music Hall MMF-7 Turntable w/ Goldring Eroica H MC

Njoe Tjoeb 4000 CDP with 24 bit/192 KHz Upsampling

Wright Sound WPP-100C Phono Stage

JF Lessard Pantheon 6SN7 SRPP Preamp w/ RCA 5R4GY & Sylvania 6SN7

JF Lessard Horus Parafeed Cobalt 2A3 SET Monoblocks w/ Tung Sol 5687 & AVVT 2A3

1976 KCBR Klipschorns with ALK Crossovers

Gear Online: Two Channel & Home Theater Systems

Why, don't you consider a good used pr of Khorns, Dean , was selling a pr of 2003's.I, picked up a pr 1979's look almost brand new, had the org boxes, for $2500.If, you don't like them you can get all or most of your money back or pick up a used pr of 7's for 1200-1700

I have owned both and loved both. The RF 7's get my vote due to ease of placement. The Khorns must be in the corners period. A second consideration is getting either to your home in one piece. These are both heavy. The seller must deliver himself or you must pick them up to minimize damage. I would try very hard to buy used in excellent condition whichever and pick them up from the seller. That limits who you can buy them from. Original boxes for Khorns are very important for shipping. Email me if you want to discuss further.

I have had both and sold the RF7's to Zman. This subject has been debated many times before and the clear choice for me is the Klipschorns. As mentioned Khorns are demanding in every way: on your home layout,on your room accoustics on your equipment and on your wallet.

Had Khorns for 10 years and swapped for a full reference system. In the same space the RF-7s did not present near as well as the Khorns. I missed the Khorn the moment I fired up the 7's. I did obtain another pair of Khorns and now own both systems. The reference equipment is dedicated to A/V and the Khorns to stereo. As you might expect they are each best for those purposes. The reference line is designed as a total system for 5/1, 6/1 A/V set-ups and all together are awesome. The Khorns are for stereo reproduction and NOTHING can surpass their performance for the $. The RF-7 for dedicated stereo is not as good as the big Khorn IMHO. Now, given enough space I would believe that a full Heritage set-up in an A/V arrangement would easily surpass the Reference line....but that would practically be theater size dimensions.

Which is better, sirloin or T-bone? How many different ways can you make "a good steak"? How about the same steak, but prepared and cooked differently -- do they taste the same?

Stock Klipschorns of different eras, modded Klipschorns, stock RF-7's, modded RF-7's -- and all placed differently in different rooms with different gear!! It shouldn't take long to see how little value there is to these type discussions.

The answer is to become independantly wealthy so you can have your cake and eat it too. OTOH, there's so much more to life than audio.