Sony Biotracer PS-X700

flegz

I recently purchased a NOS Sony PS-X700 Biotracer. I won it on an eBay auction and my main reason for paying $255 was that I remember drooling over it when I was in college in Colorado. I guy I knew was really into high-end audio back in the early 80's. I remember listening to his system and being totally blown away.......Yes he was a Klipsch dude!!!!!

Now that this turntable is on the way...does anyone here know about it?

I'm hoping it sounds as good as I remember.....

9.gif9.gif9.gif9.gif9.gif

post-17639-13819263943926_thumb.jpg

I need help...........The TT arrived last night, The seller however tried to remove the stylus and pulled a portion of the cartridge out, (a small "spool" of micro fine copper wire) Is there anyone who repairs Moving coil carts? I'd like to try and keep it all original if possible.

any help appreciated. Fedex also managed to crack a "Dead Mint" dust cover and chip the TT top by the hinges!! I'm really bummed today.........

Thanks!

Flegz

STudiP Is aS Stupid dOEs..........

10.gif10.gif10.gif

post-17639-13819263944236_thumb.jpg

----------------

On 4/6/2005 3:41:50 PM 3dzapper wrote:

Needle Doctor and the Garrot Brothers. may be able to do something. It won't be cheap though.
8.gif

Rick

----------------

Please correct me if I'm wrong, but I don't think the Garrot Brothers will be able to help much, they're dead, in a suicide pact. 11.gif

• 2 weeks later...

OK....

Looks like FedEx will pay a portion of my claim if I want to hang on to the turntable and try to repair the damage...

I was really psyched to try the Sony MC cart but looks like I'll need to replace it.( there was a replacement Sony XL-55 on Ebay that just sold for $408!!) I need some suggestions on a new Cartridge for this TT.

I'm limiting myself to $150-200 in the new or slightly used market...

I have been playing it with a Stanton 505 which really sucks.....Very harsh not accurate and tons of nasty "S" sylabance problems....but it was all I had to test the Sony with. I could really use some direction here........

Thanks!!!!!!!

1.gif1.gif1.gif1.gif1.gif1.gif1.gif1.gif1.gif1.gif1.gif1.gif1.gif1.gif

Thanks very much for the reply!

Did you ever have the Sony XL-33 that came stock on this table?

I've heard it's an awesome cart...

Do you like this TT?

So far I'm pretty happy with it. All of the commercial places I 've inquired to help me find a replacement for the original cart have emailed me back several times telling me to hold onto this TT. That it was one of the finest Sony ever produced.....

Thanks for the 'nod on the Shure V15VxMr...I'll start to look at em 2 night

Peace..1.gif5.gif16.gif

----------------

On 4/22/2005 8:49:18 PM flegz wrote:

Thanks very much for the reply!

Did you ever have the Sony XL-33 that came stock on this table?

I've heard it's an awesome cart...

Do you like this TT?

So far I'm pretty happy with it. All of the commercial places I 've inquired to help me find a replacement for the original cart have emailed me back several times telling me to hold onto this TT. That it was one of the finest Sony ever produced.....

Thanks for the 'nod on the Shure V15VxMr...I'll start to look at em 2 night

Peace..
1.gif5.gif16.gif

----------------

The Shure V15 is out of production. I seriously doubt you'll find one for $200.00 new. All the on line sellers adjusted their prices upwards toward MSRP after the news came out that Shure was stopping production. The good deals disappeared within a week.