mcintosh amp , help to fix problem w/ right output

here i am again with another crook selling more lies than product, bought a mcintosh mc 2505, from ebay scammer picked the thing up and looks ok, but it has a little distortion from the right channell, seems to clear up after the amp warms up good, would also like to get the left channell meter light replaced, anyone know of a service facility that is above board (not crooks)here on the east coast. i dont think there is much wrong and the guy says bring it back they will fix it but when listed they said was just out of there in house service tech and works fine, not really the type person i want to take this back to for fixing. all help appreciated 10.gif Joe

----------------

On 4/2/2005 2:38:15 PM Thumpelstiltskin wrote:

He's not done any work for me yet, so I can't really recommend his service, but I'm gonna send one of my amps to Terry Dewick in Knoxville, TN. He's just joined this forum and seems to know a lot about McIntosh stuff. Hell, he's been working on audio gear since 1962.....that's when I was born!! Here's a link to his website:

----------------

thats wild i just found his site on the web, looks like a reputable guy, and offers a warranty on his work. i like that and knoxville isnt that far away i was going to call him monday and try to get a estimate on turnaround and a ballpark on his thoughts for a repair based on my explination of the problem. thanks for the help10.gif Joe

I'll second a vouch for Terry. I have been to his 'shop' a couple times having some things tinkered on.

A VERY nice guy and as far as I'm concerned, as honerable as anyone. Showed me through his shop, his house and we just chatted in general. I probably imposed on his knowledge/politeness a bit more than I should have 11.gif.

He has one of the coolest tv's I've ever seen, perhaps he'll comment on it. Evidently it has like a 4" screen (in a box that might otherwise be 18" square??

This screen has a bubble in front of it that used to be filled with oil. The oil evidently magnified the picture. (just look at your watch if you have a "cyclops" eye over the day/date and you'll get the idea)

Just to clarify, the "bubble" on the TV, might be the size of 1/2 a grapefruit or even a bit larger (to cover the screen)

I just say that because it might see as though I was suggesting the screen had a bubble "on it" instead of totally over the entire area of the screen...

oh never mind, everyone go back to their Klipsch 9.gif

Got a MC2105 on the bench right now, Fun Fun, one channel has been repaired twice (by another), new drivers but never replaced a bad output - oh well.

The TV is a Temple TV1776, by the Templetone Radio Corp., New London Conn... 1948, 6" tube and a oil filled magnifier to make it look like 12"+, a big snake eye.

Glad to help out on the MC2505, email me for more information.

Joe,

I forgot to give you my guys name. No shipping involved. He's in Silver Spring.

Audio Clinic - (301) 587-0070

Make sure you let them know I sent you.

I know Terry's the best man for the job but it sounds like it just needs a good cleaning. I try to avoid shipping whenever I can.

I would also vouch for Terry's work! He has repaired and tuned up a couple of vintage McIntoshs for me and they work & sound great!! He is a very nice guy and is willing to chat with you about any gear problem you may be having.

Joe

----------------

On 4/2/2005 11:48:49 PM garymd wrote:

Joe,

I forgot to give you my guys name. No shipping involved. He's in Silver Spring.

Audio Clinic - (301) 587-0070

Make sure you let them know I sent you.

I know Terry's the best man for the job but it sounds like it just needs a good cleaning. I try to avoid shipping whenever I can.

----------------

thanks gary, i think i will get this fixed before i decide to sell, after i get the dynaco's i appreciate all the help and referances guys 10.gif Joe