Closer

SteelerFan

Didn't have any idea what this was about but my parents (who are in their mid 70's) rented this and invited me to watch it with them. They didn't know what it was about either. I kept trying to sink further and further down between the sofa cushions while we watched. To make matters worse, my parents always enable the subtitles so we not only got to hear what they were talking about, we got to read it to.6.gif We didn't spend much time discussing this one when it was over.14.gif

"Intriguing story of passion, drama, love, and abandonment involving two couples, which only gets more complicated when the man from the first couple gets acquainted with the woman from the second coupling."

What makes this film unique is the sex scenes are not done visually but verbally, if that makes any sense.

Tom

----------------

On 4/4/2005 3:03:41 PM AnalOg wrote:

What makes this film unique is the sex scenes are not done visually but verbally, if that makes any sense.

Tom

----------------

Amen. LOL1.gif

It is a good movie, just not one I'd choose to watch with Mom & Dad.

My father-in-law, who was a French teacher several years back, wanted to watch "Swimming Pool." Out of all of my movies, this is the one he had heard about and zeroed in on. I had to admit, I didn't really try and talk him out of it.11.gif

I couldn't help but laugh to myself as the racy scenes came on. My wife kept nudging me (she hadn't seen the movie) as I quietly was pseudo apolgetic.

Oh well. I got to pick the next movie2.gif

• 2 weeks later...

WOW, we just watched it last night and I must say that if my Mom were alive and I watched it with her, I would have had to just leave. It was tough enough explaining to my wife why I knew what wanking was and what all the internet chat shortcuts meant.

We liked the movie very much, I especially liked the way it ended. Poor schmuck just couldnt catch a break.

When you play with fire you will get burned.