Tiger's shot on 16

boomac

For DiMarco to lose his 3 stroke lead in the finish of the 3rd and come back to tie Tiger takes nuts. period. DiMarco is not finished. He's young and will be back.

I caddie for a Nike Tour event a few years back. We were paired with a fresh out of college kid on Thursday and Friday named: Chris DiMarco.

I was at the PGA Championship @ Oak Hill back in '03, and my buddy Pete and I were walking between two fairways towards the back. There were plenty of attractive women there, dressed lightly, as temperatures were well above 80, with humidity to match. Consequently, I was in the habit of, shall we say, looking things over. I try not to be a pig, but I like to enjoy life as well.

Good company and $5 Genny Lights (the Amstel was $6, the water was $4, and they turned the drinking fountains off) must have made me a bit careless, because as a group of 5 or 6 people walked towards us (led by a striking blonde), I got 3 or 4 really dirty looks. Pete asked me what the hell I'd done, and all I could figure is I got caught "looking things over".

He said, "Do you have any idea who that was?" I looked back over my shoulder, and noticed a couple lingering dirty looks, this time including said blonde. At that point I noticed a Sherrif Deputy and a State Trooper hanging out with these folks. Older lady that looked a lot like Tiger's mom....

So, yeah, I got busted checking out Tiger's girlfriend. We about peed ourselves trying not to laugh too loudly (again, Genny Light at work there).

That was one of the best week's vacation I've ever taken. That, the blackout (remember), and a dozen other great stories were well worth the price of admission. To anyone who gets the chance, I'd really recommend getting a week pass for a good size tournament. Go to the practice rounds when the players are loose. They're funny as heck, too. Just don't be the guy that yells, "Get in the hole!" Everybody thinks that guy's an idiot.

-

It's the MASTERs!!!!!

Tradition and syrupy music go hand and hand. That with other aspects IS what makes it the MASTERS!!!!!

----------------

What made this such a great gof tournament was the Sunday drama, the miracle shot, and the instant reply over and over especially the version with the two yahoos in the background going ape-***t.

If one of the big four had not been back in the lead after Saturday, it would have just been another "same ole" golf tournament.

Jim Nance and the guys at CBS need the commercials because they really don't know how to be interesting for 54 minutes out of every hour.

You like the syrupy music? Keep it. I'll drop the TV sound and listen to some of the music Paul Klipsch had in mind when he started his tradition.

(That green sports coat is another thing that has outlived its usefulness. Puke!)

3.gif

You've given me a great idea for a TV show -- Little elderly southern gents in their shouldn't-wear-in-public frock coats, rolling hollow bowling balls off the tee boxes toward the flag, instead of having to swing the stick at the little white ball. While music plays in the backgrond, by Hootie and the Old Massahs.

We could call it "Bowling Greens."

And the players woud still be able to say "it ain't how you get there, but how many strokes it takes."

is there a full moon out?

14.gif

I think they need to reinstate the required v-neck sweater and tucked-in tie attire they had back in the Bobby Jones era. None of this "one sleeve shorter then the other" nonsense they get away with today. The improvement in equipment is bad enough but giving "attire advantage" is taking things just a little too far.2.gif

----------------

On 4/12/2005 11:38:17 AM boomac wrote:

wangdang - I bet you roll the ball in the fairway!

----------------

Well said Boom.

I do like the syrupy music, green jackets, colored diviot mix and all things that make the MASTERS the crown jewel in pro golf. I understand the shock of swithcing from a monster truck rally to the MASTERS my be hard to for you to comprehend.

I am sure there a few who do not grasp the MASTERS magic. Most of those folks are the ones that carry coolers on the corse and play a 6.5 hour round.

NASCAR & PBA, whats next? Pitch a tent along in the azelias on the 13th and hang wet tube socks from the trees also. It's this kind of stuff that makes more folks want to join members only clubs.

late to this thread but.. man, Masters week is the ****! Can't beat 56 minutes an hour of pure Masters golf in HD!

Tiger's shot on 16 was incredible, no doubt the guy's got skill! I was however rooting for Dimarco. A DJ on a local sports radio was saying how alot of people don't like winners, as in Tiger or Jeff Gordon. I just have grown tired of seeing Tiger throw fits over every bad shot or every camera that goes off, the guy definitely could use some better manners, you never have seen Jack use the GD word or any other 4 letter rants after hitting a bad shot. And if it wasn't for that shot I don't believe he would have been the winner. Did any of you catch the controversy about Tiger half a** tapping in a put with the back of his putter or something like that? I guess a viewer called in and they said it was a penalty of some sort that the officials missed? Maybe something to do with not addressing the ball properly? I'll have to try and find that...

As for Tigers woman, yea I probably wouldn't kick her out of bed for eating crackers... but if given the choice, give me Lefty's woman :)