Can't stands no more

oscarsear

O.K., I'm an old geezer. When not listening to source I listen to Music Choice cable radio. I listen to many genres but I frequently patronize the "oldies" genre. Now they play a range of artists some who I know, some I don't. But to my abysmal consternation they routinely play none other than NANCY SINATRA!!14.gif14.gif Am I the only one who is absolutely, convulsively repulsed by her??? From the 1st time I heard her (eons ago) she absolutley suUUckeddDD!! Why do we have to be subject to the grating sound of this person in our older years?? Can anyone out there in Klipschland get to Music Choice and have them STOP torturing us with Ms. Nancy???

Aw come on, don't be so hard on Nancy! I thought she was pretty hot, but i haven't seen her for oh, three decades or so.

Have you ever seen "Full Metal Jacket"? The scene where the Viet Namese hooker shows up and they start playin "These Boots...? Pretty hot in my book. The song is cool, too. I admit though, that and "Somethin' Stupid " are about the only songs of hers I am familiar with off hand.

i don't have cable radio. do they play the same songs over and over and over again? that is my biggest beef with standard radio, it is nice to hear DIFFERENT stuff now and again. if i really wanted to, i could make a cd and play it nonstop 24/7. with the world full of so much music i can't figure why the radio stations do a list. they should never have to repeat a song. the classic rock station in columbus has played the "take a walk on the wild side" song 3,4,5, x a day for the last 20 yrs.

give it a rest already, no song is that cool.

....."you keep lyin when you oughtta be truthin"...... 14.gif14.gif15.gif The photo shoot got the most important aspect of this woman dead correct...her mouth is SHUT!!!!! 'Bsides that I think she's just pretty enough to be a hood ornament on a Mack Truck. The again, if Hillary makes a presidential bid Boots could be her theme song.

DrWho,

young man, take a course in the History of Rock and Roll! It'd be a great elective for you. For all your interest in music and recording, you really need to get a wee bit of history behind you. 'never heard any Jimi Hendrix' c'mon man!

'one of these these days these boots are gonna walk all over you'

launched many a dream in a young mans' mind back in the 70's, she did! Quintessential white go-go boots. Check out some back episodes of Hullabaloo to see some curvy babes of bygone era. puts the ggggrrrrrr back in swinger, baby!

Michael

----------------

On 4/16/2005 9:12:57 PM jdm56 wrote:

Aw come on, don't be so hard on Nancy! I thought she was pretty hot, but i haven't seen her for oh, three decades or so.

Have you ever seen "Full Metal Jacket"? The scene where the Viet Namese hooker shows up and they start playin "These Boots...? Pretty hot in my book. The song is cool, too. I admit though, that and "Somethin' Stupid " are about the only songs of hers I am familiar with off hand.

----------------

Yup, Nancy was in a lot of my teenage fantasies!

"Boots" was definitely the right song for the first hooker scene in Full Metal Jacket (IMHO one of the greatest movies ever made). You wouldn't guess it, but every gal I've watched FMJ with recently absolutely loved it, go figure

6.gif

Y'know, now that I think about didn't ole blue eyes also try and get a son N2 the business also? I guess w/out the legs he didn't fit good nuf 2B membered. Interesting 2 C how many of you out there actually went for the Nancy. I guess I now understand why she gets some air time for the oldies. Buu...uut If she sang that well why did she stop? I'm sure glad she did.

On 4/18/2005 2:24:07 PM Marvel wrote:

She stopped to raise a family.

Now she is recording again, so you may hear some new hits from her.

Marvel

--------

Thnx for that Marvel. I'll be looking for her on the SACD format. As I get older constipation raises it's ugly brow once in a while and it will be nice to have Nancy's new work to "loosen" up the compaction!!!

11.gif9.gif

DrWho,

once again young man, gotta put down those video games, head to the library or some old guy's house and listen to some different musics! Frank was a crooner with a beautiful voice who was at the top of the charts for DECADES. educate yourself while in college, it's more than just knob twiddling.

What if you're doing a show somewhere and a Frank Sinatra impersonator-type comes on stage? Half your audience would know what it's supposed to sound like and there you are, the sound engineer, without a clue? Not good. Michael Buble(?) and Harry Connick Jr. are two 'recent' artists who have catapulted to stardom with the 'sinatra' sound. Now can you imagine what it sounds like?

myself, I have a 4cd set of Frank- nice dinner music for when a babe is over!

EDIT POST- Frank is known for WHITE CHRISTMAS-the quintessential version- END EDIT

Michael- just trying to help ya out here friend!