life is so cruel

r.cherry

so i have an "understanding" with some neighbors/clients concerning me buying thier 89 forte 1 walnut oil speakers but do i really???!!! 600.00 in mint condition. no kids no pets ever.

so along comes a pair of corns just an hr. or so from me on ebay that are hovering around 750.00 with 2 hrs to go.

can't afford both right now, although that would be optimum.

do i keep my fingers crossed and hope they keep their word or do i go for the corns? damn...

decisions decisions

----------------

On 4/17/2005 5:45:49 PM r.cherry wrote:

so along comes a pair of corns just an hr. or so from me on ebay that are hovering around 750.00 with 2 hrs to go.

----------------

Hey r.cherry,

We must be pretty close to one another. The Cornwalls on Ebay are somewhere around Portsmouth, which is about 45 minutes from me. The seller said he works in Ironton and he would deliver the speakers to me in South Point if I won.....but I'm not going to bid......so go for it!!!

Good luck, Rick.

decided not to bid on corns

A) already comitted to forte's

B) have no idea where reserve is set on corns.

C) have seen and listened to the fortes, very nice indeed, if they back out it's their carma (and only 1-1/2 blocks from my house)

D) more money and driving time bla bla bla

if i end up with neither then so be it... there will be klipsch in my world when the time is right.......................................

thanks for the input1.gif

looks like the corns never met the reserve, perhaps they will relist w/o a reserve

----------------

On 4/17/2005 7:46:54 PM Thumpelstiltskin wrote:

Well, it was nice talking to ya. Have a nice day.

----------------

Rick,

please don't think i was snubing you in any way (or is this just my own insecurities) i live in Granville Ohio, 25 miles east of columbus. home to Denison University and for a short time in the 70's a Klipsch dealership (Acoustics Unlimited). i appreciate all input from forum members. this was a hard thing for me, really. i have wanted some klipsch speakers since hearing them in the 70's. then to have to choose which way to go was hard for me. as i said earlier i made the decision not to bid on some fundamental basis. my hope is to upgrade my system. i hope i didn't make you think i was not appreciative of your input. i hope these corns come back with no reserve!

did you know what the reserve was by chance?

Rich

----------------

On 4/17/2005 9:22:51 PM r.cherry wrote:

----------------

On 4/17/2005 7:46:54 PM Thumpelstiltskin wrote:

Well, it was nice talking to ya. Have a nice day.

----------------

Rick,

please don't think i was snubing you in any way (or is this just my own insecurities) i live in Granville Ohio, 25 miles east of columbus. home to Denison University and for a short time in the 70's a Klipsch dealership (Acoustics Unlimited). i appreciate all input from forum members. this was a hard thing for me, really. i have wanted some klipsch speakers since hearing them in the 70's. then to have to choose which way to go was hard for me. as i said earlier i made the decision not to bid on some fundamental basis. my hope is to upgrade my system. i hope i didn't make you think i was not appreciative of your input. i hope these corns come back with no reserve!

did you know what the reserve was by chance?

Rich

----------------

rich,

I don't know what the reserve was on the Cornwalls, but the deal I told you about sounded pretty sweet. I have Fortes and some Cornwalls, and there's simply no comparison. The Fortes are great, but imo the Cornwalls are in a completely different league. You couldn't go wrong either way at the prices you've been offered.

Take care, Rick.