Dodd Audio FIRE SALE!

I talked with Gary (Dodd Audio) tonight and he has just signed an exclusive contract with a large audio company to build their amplifiers, which will be his design at twice the currant price. He has two weeks where he can take orders on his own. He told me if I had any friends that wanted some of his equipment to let him know. I asked him if it was ok to post on the Klipsch forum and make the offer available to the Klipsch guys. PM me if anyone has interest he is selling all of his stuff at a discount to clear the shelves. All the best, Guy

I don't think he makes anything that's tube rectified, which as far as I'm concerned is the only thing out there that edges out the better switching amps. Based on what I'm hearing over here, there's no way in hell I'll ever own another solid state rectified tube amp.

not very much information on his site about circuits, tubes used and other components (caps, resistors, wire)...hard to make buying decisions with so little about the product. maybe someone knows more? what tube complement does the 8Watt monoblock use? what kind of caps and resisitors? output iron? circuit topology? tony

Hello everyone I am here by request to try and answer all the questions. I given Guy permission to make these offers while they last. I'll start off by saying that all of my products are built by hand 1 at a time as they are ordered. So keep in mind of some time required to build everything. All of my products use very high quality Sonicaps in the signal paths and Nichicon cans in the power supplies. Resistors are typically Xicon and Vishay 1% precision. All my transformers are designed by myself and built for me by a long time local company, I actually oversee the processes.I use all Cardas terminations and point to point wiring. All of my products are over built, my headphone amp weighs 18 pounds! Please check out my website (doddaudio.biz) there you will be able to see pics of all my products. I have been designing high end audio for more than 20 years.I offer lifetime warranties on everything, (except tubes). I am offering everything at really discounted prices to let the folks who want a true bargain to be able to get it. Preamps and amps are on sale as well as the headphone amp. The deals are good until the last day of April.Free shipping in the USA on everything! After that the prices will be double or so and I will not be selling at anywhere near these special prices. Feel free to pm me or email directly to my email (doddaudio@doddaudio.biz)I will answer all questions and help you any way I can. Thanks1.gif

Gary

Dean:

" which as far as I'm concerned is the only thing out there that edges out the better switching amps."

Would you please explain?

There are many designers who make very solid cases for using solid state bridge and full-wave bridge rectifiers rather than vacuum tube options. Perhaps this is just a personal preference? I have built components using both types of rectification, and have found solid state diodes totally suitable in many cases.

I would like to submit that whether a component is tube or ss diode rectified (I suspect you are referring to HT supplies?)may not be the most important factor in determining the quality of sound of which it's capable. There are amplifiers of extremely good quality available that use non-tube devices for changing alternating current into DC.

I had a pair of DRD45 amps here for some capacitor upgrades, and it/they (as monoblocks) didn't use tube rectification. They were truly superb sounding amps and seemingly impossibly quiet for DHT amps.

I just want to say that there are probably good and subjectively less good examples of both approaches to rectification.

The Dodd amps might be great amps despite the absence of 5Y3s, 5AR4s, or GZ37s (or your rectifier of choice). Deciding against a component based on the type of rectification it uses is, in my opinion, perhaps just a little premature.

Erik