Tesla five man acoustic jam dvd

wheelman

Any Tesla fans? I just happened to dig this one up and watching it on my computer right now. It's been awhile and the acoustic playing sounds great. I wish they had something plugged. Anyone know if they have a live dvd with them plugged? The acoustic is still a good dvd even though it's not 5.1

----------------

On 4/20/2005 11:19:34 PM jacksonbart wrote:

That is a blast from the past. They were big in say 1990 - 2?

----------------

Actually I think if your thinking mainstream. They were probally bigger in the mid eighties. I am not really sure but I've always digged them. There new album (into the now) is great if your a fan pick it up. I've been into them from start to now. Hopefully they keep putting out the albums. It was a long time for this last one. The previous was bust a nut, and that was really good also. Imo

I love Tesla-especially the Mechanical Resonance cd. Seems like that cd got a best-of-the-year award from somebody when it was released. And yes, they were definitely better in the late 80's, IMO. I saw them in concert twice-once with Def Leppard (what a freaking show that was) and the other with Poison, also very good.

----------------

On 4/21/2005 5:11:23 PM SteelerFan wrote:

Tesla, Cinderella, Motley Crue, etc...ugh! It was a wonderful thing when grunge kicked all of these "hair bands" to the curb. Just my $.02
1.gif

----------------

Oh I was a huge grunge fan. Doesnt' mean I still don't enjoy Tesla. Chris Cornell and soundgarden kicked major arse. It doesn't get any hairer than that.9.gif

dkp, I saw the same two concerts. The Poison show also had Warrant, even though nobody knew who they were at the time, they were really good. Tesla kicked booty in both shows.

I don't know about concert DVDs, but I did get a DVD-Audio of them called "Standing Room Only." Unfortunately, I cannot reccommend it, it was a concert, recorded recently, and not that great. I ended up selling it on ebay.

----------------

On 4/21/2005 11:34:46 PM toddvj wrote:

dkp, I saw the same two concerts. The Poison show also had Warrant, even though nobody knew who they were at the time, they were really good. Tesla kicked booty in both shows.

I don't know about concert DVDs, but I did get a DVD-Audio of them called "Standing Room Only." Unfortunately, I cannot reccommend it, it was a concert, recorded recently, and not that great. I ended up selling it on ebay.
----------------

You're right about not knowing who Warrant was-pretty good band for a while. I'm wondering if they are also the 5th band (that I can never remember) who played in the Monster's of Rock concert at the Silverdome. Dokken, Metallica, The Scorpions and Van Halen were the others-I'll bet Warrant was the opening act. Anyone remember?

I love Tesla. Saw the Tesla/Poison concert twice. Little Rock AR and Shreveport LA. I went for Poison and learned to really like Tesla. I love most of the "hair bands". Back in the day of cheap tickets and plenty of tours, I saw a lot of them. Warrant, Motley Crue, Skid Row, Kix, Brittany Fox, Firehouse, Trixter, Winger, Cinderella, Def Leppard, Ratt, and even Nelson. I enjoy a lot of different styles of music, but I really like 80's "hair bands"...lots of good memories.

• Like 1

----------------

On 4/21/2005 9:05:20 PM wheelman wrote:

Oh I was a huge grunge fan. Doesnt' mean I still don't enjoy Tesla. Chris Cornell and soundgarden kicked major arse. It doesn't get any hairer than that.
9.gif

----------------

Point made. Maybe I should have said hair and makeup bands.9.gif

----------------

Tesla, Cinderella, Motley Crue, etc...ugh! It was a wonderful thing when grunge kicked all of these "hair bands" to the curb. Just my $.02
1.gif

----------------

Yea... geeze, what a relief to hear all the new grunge bands singing about all that depressing crap... Curt Cobain... what a loser. Sorry SteelerFan I would much rather be rockin out to a band singing about partying or women. & that's just my .02

Obviously you didn't grow up in the 80's and you are entitled to your own opinion, but I respectfully disagree. I do like some grunge, but having my choice I would pick the Crue, or Cinderella & Tesla anyday... just sayin :)

----------------

On 4/21/2005 10:46:18 AM dkp wrote:

I love Tesla-especially the Mechanical Resonance cd. Seems like that cd got a best-of-the-year award from somebody when it was released. And yes, they were definitely better in the late 80's, IMO. I saw them in concert twice-once with Def Leppard (what a freaking show that was) and the other with Poison, also very good.

----------------

filesmechanical.jpg

DKP, I agree & I think we have been through this discussion before. Mechanical Resonance was an excellent cd. At the time it came out in 86 Tesla was known as no frills band, yes they had long hair but you didn't see any make-up, bright flashy clothes or any of that crap, they were just your basic long hair guys laid back in blue jeans, crankin out some awesome music.

----------------

On 4/23/2005 1:20:43 PM Joe Shmoe wrote:

----------------

Yea... geeze, what a relief to hear all the new grunge bands singing about all that depressing crap... Curt Cobain... what a loser. Sorry SteelerFan I would much rather be rockin out to a band singing about partying or women. & that's just my .02

Obviously you didn't grow up in the 80's and you are entitled to your own opinion, but I respectfully disagree. I do like some grunge, but having my choice I would pick the Crue, or Cinderella & Tesla anyday... just sayin
:)

----------------

That's ok Joe, this wouldn't be any fun if everybody always agreed.1.gif

• 2 weeks later...

I saw the Tesla/Firehouse show outdoors around 95' and it was a great show. This was about the time bands in general were doing the "acoustic" set and Tesla pulled it off nicely. As most things do, this brand of music passed into oblivion without so much as a whimper.