What's a fair price to pay for a Scott 310E tuner?

robster

Arf,

Ummm you got this one a little off. A nice 310E will easily hit $500 to $600 bone stock all on its own. Guy sold one that I updated and aligned for $900 just a few weeks ago. These are the ultimate Scott broadcact monitor tube tuner with the old round tuning dial. The 4310 is very similar but with a convetional tuning setup and also brings a huge premuim. The other Scott tuner line up go for the price your suggesting all the time but 310E and 4310 are the exceptions.

Craig

It's cheap most of the cost is the alignment. I think the one I did for Guy $200 total. I have www.radioxtuner.com do the alignment after I freshen up the under chassis, Clean the controls/tube sockets and test all the tubes (he lives 2 miles from me). Guy's total included couple tubes so that drove up the cost a little. Usually $175 will cover it if the tubes are fine.

Craig

----------------

On 4/21/2005 11:20:23 PM khorn58 wrote:

Dam they have shot up in value.

And to think I bought my mint 310e on ebay 2.5 years ago for only 200 and it still plays strong without any work.

I have to admit it does pull in the stations from far and wide.

----------------

Yup they have! But all the vintage gear has sky rocketed. Don't you just love when the relays snap and you station is rock solid tuned in? Very nice tuners. Even my tuner alignment tech www.radioxtuners.com who is a diehard SS tuner man thinks the 310E is awesome.

Craig

Well I bid on the Scott 310E on Ebay,seller says he bought it from an estate sell. But,he hasn't tested it or even plugged it in,but if it doesn't work he'll refund my money.

I have a Scott 233 amp with the same wood cabinet and knurled plastic made in Germany knobs. Got it from a forum member,Craig restored the innards,it's a keeper for sure!A museum piece too!

The Scott 310E on Ebay has the same plastic knobs too. So it would make a nice mate for my 233,we listen to radio mainly. My Sansui TU-9900 just doesn't look quite right with the Scott 233. Plus I like the tube sound better. If I win the bidding on the 310E,it's going to Craig for update and alignment. I really would like to own a top notch tube tuner,since we listen top radio alot,I have a APS-13 rooftop antenna.

So I'm hoping nobody here will bid against me. I'll be selling my near mint Sansui TU-9900 APS modified on Audigon soon. That is if the 310E isn't a wash.

I read on Audio Asylum that the Scott 310E is the home version of the Scott 4310 tuner.

Cheers,

Robert

Robert,

If you get this one you will have a very very good tube tuner when there working right they amaze me. I tried to buy the one Guy sold but he had already made a deal with another person not knowing I would be interested. He is watching his area for one for me. There expensive but if you can afford one and lsten to FM aoften there worth it. The relays are really cool when you have the squelch, stereo threshold controls properly adjustable when you hit the station center the relayys cnap the stereo light comes on and your tuned, locked on and done. The tuner has the ultra cool factor. The sound is also excellant definitly a step above the other Scott tuners.

Craig

Anyone have a good gold cap tuner dial and nob caps for a 310e?

My mint 310e came without the gold caps on all dials. It looks like they never had them as the brown dials have postion marks. It could be a early or late model before or after the gold caps.anyway i like the look with the gold caps.

• Like 1