Preference for amps?

I've been looking around for a multichannel amp.

The amps i've been looking at are

rotel 1075 (5 channel 120watts)

ATI AT1505 (5 channel 150watts)

Sunfire cinema grand (5channel 200watts)

I'm using Klipsch rf35 series speakers and an rsw15 sub. I am using a pioneer vsx-d811s and will use that as a preamp until i can save up enough money for a preamp.

I am looking for a little more bass out of my front speakers, they don't seem to extend down to their full range. I realize with an rsw15 I don't really need a whole lot from my fronts, but it doesn't seem like they are working enough.

I'm hoping not to spend over 2k on an amp. I've been trying to stay close to 1k if at all possible to get a good amp for that price. A 5channel or 7channel is what i'm looking for, but i think because of price a 5channel now and a 2channel later down the road is my best bet. I'm 60%ht 40%music

Does anyone have any other amps i should consider?

thanks in advance

Chris

What about the Crown XLS 402? (260 watts into 8 ohms)

4 @ $330 each comes to about $1400.

The 202 (145 watts into 8 ohms) is $270, which could be used for the surrounds.

These are very amazing sounding amps and the only downside is the fan noise. Depending on your situation it's possible that this may not be an issue. There are some really long reviews around the web about these amps...I don't think I've read anything negative about them, and many very positive comparisons to other expensive gear.

----------------

On 4/22/2005 3:12:07 PM nicholtl wrote:

Don't forget Outlaw Audio.

----------------

I am enjoying my Outlaw Audio 7100 (7 X 100 watts all channels driven) very much...they have 5 and 7 channel amps in 200 wpc as well... :)

Bill