RF-35

wjohn

I am new to home theatering. I went to a Klipsch dealer yeaterday and heard a RF-35 home theater sound package powered by a sony 3000 receiver?. It sounded great.I am considering purchasing this system but do not want to overpay. The system comes w/ two floor standing RF-35 speakers, RC-35 center, RS-35 surrounds, and a RW-12 sub. With the receiver, the cost of the system is a little over $3,000 ( About $800.00 for the receiver). Any suggestion out there where I may be able to find a better price for this system. My fear is that I may overpay at this dealer. I would like to get the best deal possible as this is my first purchase of home theater equipment. Any recommendation would be greatly appreciated. Thanks in advance.

WJohn,

First off, Welcome to the Form.......The RF package you described is wonderful. I would only change one thing. Go for another Receiver. Either a Denon, or an HK............

Because he is a ref dealer- you Should, be able to bargin with him , somewhat......Try to get at least a 20% discount - if you bought all the items together......

Listen to different receivers, and find one that fits your budget, and is easy for you to Use!

But above all, find a different receiver! Good Luck, and Post Pics when you get your system running!

Thank you, I checked the web and found an HK digital DPR2005 for 887.00. Would this work nicely with the RF-35 package? I also will consider the AVR 635, but i thought digital might be the way i should go. Any thoughts?

Welcome to the forum wjohn1.gif

HK has a good reputation on this forum. I am partial to Denon receivers. If the dealer you are buying your speakers from has the Denon 2805 (3805 if you can swing it) I would consider that one also. He (or she) should be able to give you a "package," discount. Good luck on your purchase.

Thanks to all of you for your help and suggestions. Based on advice I have received from this forum I feel better about my RF-35 purchase and the receiver I'll be purchasing. I have narrowed the search down to two choices:

Denon avr 3805 & HK avr 635. I noticed that the Denon has a bit more power if that matters. Also, this is my very 1st receiver, so ease of use matters somewhat. Are these receivers evenly matched whereas I can just toss a coin? By the way, the HK is a bit cheaper, but price does not matter at this point. I have budgeted $900 to get a good receiver. Thanks again forum!

I just purchased the same system except that I went with the RB-35 instead of the RF 35. I got the system and 2 very nice speaker stands ($169 reatail)for $2086 with Tax. So with the differnece in price between the RF and RB's I do not think your price is to bad.

Have you listened to the system with the RB's in it, its pretty darn strong.

And do not go with Sony, as a former Sony owner I can say I will never own a sony receiver ever again.