National Treasure releases today!

Northshore

Okay, I finally had the opportunity to watch National Treasure last evening with the family. I,for one was very entertained from beginning to end. The visuals were great as well as the sound. I will say that the story line was somewhat simple but I enjoyed it very much. My 5 year old boy was able to watch it without my fear of too much foul language.

• 2 weeks later...

I liked it, but man oh man did I really like the blonde in it. I will have to look out for her. Anyways pretty good movie all around. I think the soundtrack may have lacked a little. Them soundtracks can really make or break that connection to the suspense, and drama of things. Just a thought, but I really enjoyed it. Worth a rent no doubt.

Just finished watching this, with a few friends over tonight. We all loved it, it has action and suspense, but also teaches you a lot about history. There is nothing that should offend sensitive viewers, IE: children, other than seeing a couple of bones, and corpses at the begining. Nothing gory at all.

I dunno, it was good but did anyone else catch the shiny galvanized ardox nail, that was supposed to be like 200 years old?3.gif In the scene where the board was breaking off of the end of the elevator, while Nicholas Cage's character was hanging on for dear life, there was a shiny galvanized ardox nail, in the close up shot.

I dunno how that slipped by, especially being viewed so many times while editing, and also the test screenings. All in all, a good popcorn flick to watch with the whole family. There was plenty of things in the treasure bonus section, even have to watch all the "making of", and deleted scenes. This will unlock two letters per item, at the end you have to spell out treasure with your remote to unlock even more bonus stuff.

----------------

On 5/28/2005 12:51:12 AM michael hurd wrote:

Just finished watching this, with a few friends over tonight. We all loved it, it has action and suspense, but also teaches you a lot about history. There is nothing that should offend sensitive viewers, IE: children, other than seeing a couple of bones, and corpses at the begining. Nothing gory at all.

I dunno, it was good but did anyone else catch the shiny galvanized ardox nail, that was supposed to be like 200 years old?
3.gif
In the scene where the board was breaking off of the end of the elevator, while Nicholas Cage's character was hanging on for dear life, there was a shiny galvanized ardox nail, in the close up shot.

I dunno how that slipped by, especially being viewed so many times while editing, and also the test screenings. All in all, a good popcorn flick to watch with the whole family. There was plenty of things in the treasure bonus section, even have to watch all the "making of", and deleted scenes. This will unlock two letters per item, at the end you have to spell out treasure with your remote to unlock even more bonus stuff.

----------------

I saw the nail..and yelled out while watching.....HEY that nail is brand new...

Good eye

The wife & I watched this last night while chowing down on some ribs that I had been smoking most of the afternoon. Tried a new dry rub recipe that was ok, but won't use again. I don't mind spicy food, but it was a bit too spicy and killed the flavor of the meat. OMG....where the hell was I? Sorry...got off on a tangent.15.gif Anyhow....the movie.

Ah yes - we liked it too. The wife thought a couple of the scenes/conundrums were far-fetched, but she regained her senses and realized it was "just a movie". LOL9.gif

I thought Cage did an ok job. When they entered that catacomb that eventually led to the treasure, did anyone else say out loud, "Snakes - I hate snakes!" 6.gif9.gif

Wish we would've taken the time to go through the DVD extras. The treasure hunt thing sounds kinda neat.

Tom

----------------

On 5/30/2005 4:00:01 PM Tom Adams wrote:

Wish we would've taken the time to go through the DVD extras. The treasure hunt thing sounds kinda neat.

Tom
----------------

The extra treasure hunt is pretty cool...for kids. Pretty educational. A breeze for adults. Finish it all and you unlock a special "trivia viewing mode"