El Pollo Loco vs. Kentucky Fried Chicken

----------------

On 5/6/2005 7:10:02 AM Frzninvt wrote:

How about Church's Chicken? I remember them from South Texas, you could even get Jalepeno's with your yard bird.

----------------

They are still here, still greasy, and you can still get a jap with your "meal". I usually get the Number 7.

• Replies 56
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

I wonder about some of these people here in So Cal who swear up and down that they are ethnically diverse, yet they haven't been to Versailles? WTF? Damn phonies.

In fact the thought of it sounds so good, I think I will be heading over there in a little bit. 9.gif Mmmm....Mmmm.

Is that Milwaukee by the forest preserve and the Superdawg? My tile guys are a few doors down...Kraftex. Good guys.

Now that your on the North side, you should hit Lincoln Square for some good food. Sounds like you'd like it from your post above.

----------------

On 5/6/2005 7:10:02 AM Frzninvt wrote:

How about Church's Chicken? I remember them from South Texas, you could even get Jalepeno's with your yard bird.

----------------

Fried okra! Yummmm.. a particular weakness of mine.

Woo

Not even close. Superdawg has a booth at Midway. Need I say more?

Actually, it's not bad, but it really isn't playing the same game as Gene and Judes. Closer to home I like Wolfy's on Petersen and California. Good dogs, but no fresh cut fries. Strictly frozen.

Brahaus on Lawrence, right in the Square, is the best German food since Zum Deutschen Eck closed.

And if you missed my last post on the subject, if you like the "cracker style pizza, check out Candlelight on Western and Howard. A bit out of your way, but great neighborhood place.

----------------

On 5/6/2005 12:35:25 PM sivadselim wrote:

can you get el pollo loco in karachi, pakistan?

because they do have kfc there.
6.gif"

i always found that quite amusing.

9.gif"
----------------

Sivadselim,

No you don't.... but why do you ask? Personally, I used to love El Pollo Loco while I was in the US, but that was almost ten years ago. KFC over here is a HOT HOT HOT favorite, though I can't seem to understand why.

Nando's RULZ!!!

-F

An old friend and I went over to Versailles this evening and had some Lechón Asado with platano and black beans. We finished up at my house with a few Palma Cristal's and some killer Montecristo's. A very nice evening I must say. 9.gif

Have a nice weekend everyone!

----------------

On 5/7/2005 1:30:06 AM fgarib wrote:

----------------

On 5/6/2005 12:35:25 PM sivadselim wrote:

can you get el pollo loco in karachi, pakistan?

because they do have kfc there.

i always found that quite amusing.

----------------

Sivadselim,

No you don't.... but why do you ask?

----------------
well, of course, i knew the answer. i only asked that to point out the ubiquity of kfc. as someone else did with their post about kfc in china. that's all. of course, ubiquity usually has nothing at all to do with quality.

----------------

On 5/7/2005 12:20:43 PM Clipped and Shorn wrote:

Seriously, how is that food at the Cuban restaurant on La Cienaga?

I have passed by, but never stopped in.

C&S
----------------

You have no idea what you're missing. Some of the best, if not the best Cuban cuisine in the Southland. Try it sometime. Trust Allan, you will not be disappointed.