RSW-15 partner

dog

I would personally get an SVS 16-46 PC+ or PC-Ultra tube if you can deal with having a tube sub. Email SVS and talk to Tom and I'm sure he would tell you what your best option is for your money. He doesn't try to oversell either, he actually recommended a lower end SVS to me but I didn't listen and went bigger :)

----------------

On 5/8/2005 4:19:51 AM Blackmesa wrote:

sell the RSW-15 and get twin KW-120's

----------------

In pairs these Klipsch beasts offer all the impact and clearly deeper reach than a RSW15.

1.gif

KW-120's

Availability on this sub is basically nilch. My closest Klipsch dealer in Minnesota (Ultimate Electronics) does not have access to this line of subs.

I noticed the amp is separate... What benefit does this serve?

My brother just recently purchased an SVS model# PB-12 Plus/2 and should be expecting delivery of this sub on Thursday. The SVS sure seems like it gives you the best bang for your buck. If it was not for the sheer size and weight of this new sub it would sure be interesting to have him bring it on over and give it a run with my RSW

----------------

On 5/9/2005 8:56:54 PM dog wrote:

KW-120's

Availability on this sub is basically nilch. My closest Klipsch dealer in Minnesota (Ultimate Electronics) does not have access to this line of subs.

My brother just recently purchased an SVS model# PB-12 Plus/2 and should be expecting delivery of this sub on Thursday. The SVS sure seems like it gives you the best bang for your buck. If it was not for the sheer size and weight of this new sub it would sure be interesting to have him bring it on over and give it a run with my RSW

----------------

Where would the amp fit??? did you ever see a cut out of the kw120? the port reaches around the back and snakes to the front

An external amp has a few benefits. The biggest of which is better heat control and less vibrations that can rattle it to bits. Also, I personally find it easier to dial in a sub turning knobs in the front rather than crawling around trying to tweak things when the sub is in the corner. Also, because it's a two sub system the seperate amp gives you control over both at the same time. I guess I'm just lazy expecting complete control from just one location.

Wouldn't it be great if the sub amp had a remote control too? What a perfect way to dial in phase from the listening position. I'd totally pay an extra $30-$40 for such a feature.

----------------

On 5/9/2005 8:56:54 PM dog wrote:

KW-120's

----------------

Dog, why not bring your sub to his house?

Klipsch KA 100 Amp and Klipsch KW 120 subs...

I have this setup downstairs in the HT I am in mid construction now.

I have them to augment the La Scalas Left, Center, and Right, as my fronts. So I can comment on them. (I have three split pro models while I LOVE the La Scalas, they needed a Punch of the Subs for HT, and man oh man do these do it.)

I totally agree with many of the prior posts the Amp separate has many many advantages including being able to tweek them from somewhere else but from behind the speaker...

They are simply fantastic... with the one Amp and Two subs you feel and hear the punch without being like your kid brothers car boom box. Just clean powerful and strong punches...

Dog, why not bring your sub to his house?

My 4 door Grand Prix was not built to haul around my RSW-15. In fact, I had to take it out of the box with it barely fitting it in the front seat. In the process of removing the sub i dinged the top of it causing a small indentation on its top. I have never lived that low moment in my life down. Thus, the RSW stays home...