Klipsch RF-7 vs. KLF's

If you go to the KLF 30 I think (I don't know) that the KLF would give the RF-7 a run for its money. But they are both pretty extreme speakers....... I of course, love the KLF series cause they say "horns" when you pull off the grills! If anyone has both sets of speakers in the central Florida area, I'd like to come listen to them side by side.

I have both the RF-7 and the KLF-20. The KLF-20 isn't bigger than the RF-7, it is smaller. Both speakers are very nice. The RF-7 overall gives a better presentation, when comparing the KLF-20 to the RF-7, the KLF-20 sounds kind of thin sounding compared to the RF-7. The RF-7 has better detail in the lows and highs. The midrange on the RF-7 has a fuller richer sound.

mustang1, has stated here that for him the RF-7 has dips in the midrange that lacks than the KLF-20. I find that not the case at all, so I don't know what kind of amp he is using! I am actually very impressed with the midrange on the RF-7, I was worried about that at first with it not having the midrange horn of the KLF-20 but after comparing, the RF-7 actually has a more robust and fuller midrange. They both can get very loud! The RF-7 sounds louder because it has a fuller sound. I like both speakers very much, both have the Klipsch signature sound and come close in sound but slightly different. Overall, the RF-7 just does every thing right and sounds great with any kind of music compared to the KLF-20. You would be happy with either the KLF-20 or the RF-7! Both need a high quality amp with power to sound it's best.

After comparing these, it really shows me just how much research and development Klipsch has put into the RF-7, because you can hear the improvements in it's 2-way design. It throws the 3-way vs. 2-way out the window, with no need for concern, because it does it better!

post-17547-13819264802012_thumb.jpg

For the RF-7's mid-range to come to life, a very good amp is a must. The 7s have excellent bass, so a subwoofer is optional with music. With the right front end, the 7s are very versitile. An amp that can drive the 2.8 ohm minimum impedance of the RF-7s is very important for the best sound.

Bill