Just Received my Reference 7 Package

pythagore

Oh my god!

That's wicked awesome......9.gif

What a step up from the Reference 35 series!9.gif

I'm calling sick tommorow.9.gif

It's really worth the wait, I'm very, very, very..... happy with my purchase.

Guys, please advice on separates. I'm thinking the Aragon Stage one/Aragon 2007.

I found this combo for $5125 US shipped to Canada

What do you guys think?

Regards,

Pythagore,

Congrats on the new speakers!!! You will enjoy them.

The RF-7s dip down to 2.8 ohms for a minimum impedance. A VERY stout amp is required to deal with the dip. Take a look at the Aragon 3005 and a 2 channel amp.

Be advised that the present time is not a good time to buy a processor. Major changes will take place at the end of this year. High def. DVD will have new sound formats. There is also a format war with 2 standards for high definition DVD. My advice is to buy a reasonably priced used processor on AudiogoN.

Bill

----------------

On 5/16/2005 7:53:46 PM pythagore wrote:

It's really worth the wait, I'm very, very, very..... happy with my purchase.

----------------

Nice!!

To put things in perspective - I've had my Ref-7s for three years now, and I am still very, very, very..... happy with my purchase!

But even more so when I got that B&K amp in there! 9.gif I just friggan absolutly love how this thing sounds.

You made a fine purchase. As for the processor purchase, even if you just used your reciever as a pre/pro and added an outboard amp (the Aragon 3005 as was suggested is a fine choice), will make a vast improvement in your system.

Congrats on the system upgrade, I purchased the Reference series earlier this year and I have been blown away as well. Given time, you will come to appreciate every nuance of these wonderful speakers. It is easy to make things loud, however, the real quality of these speakers surfaces with subtle dialog from a movie or the strings of a violin. Enjoy the speakers and welcome to the club.

Pythagore,..

Hello,...I have had a full room of RF-7's for a couple years now, and have been extremely pleased with the Sherbourn 7/2100A driving them. You will find, like most new drivers, there will come a day, when all of a sudden, the system sounds different. Better, much better, than when you took those big boys out of the carton. Quality gear, carefull selection of cables, and you will be very happy.

Enjoy,...>>>--->

----------------

On 5/16/2005 7:53:46 PM pythagore wrote:

Oh my god!

That's wicked awesome......
9.gif

What a step up from the Reference 35 series!
9.gif

awww... why do you gotta say that? I just bought a pair of RF-35's. that's ok, I got a decent deal. I'm sure they sound great, congrats!

----------------

On 5/17/2005 7:32:08 PM pythagore wrote:

Thanks Guys,

There is pic of the system. I will buy the amp so far and as pointed out by MrMcGoo I'll wait a bit before buying the Pre/Pro.

----------------

Wow, nice room, a very nice set up. I would say enjoy what you have and take your time. The speakers are not going any where just get used to thier sound and then start looking. Enjoy.1.gif