Speaker Wire ? (redux)

I agree with bsafirebird1969 and MrMcGoo. You've got a 1000 ft of the stuff, just run double wiring to everything. It will even allow you to bi-wire if you ever get the itch. The wires paid for and you've got it there, use it. If I figured it correctly, 2 16 ga is larger than 1 12 ga run.

Just a thought, but your electricity is probably 14- 16 guage wire too? (I know audio wire is different, and twisted too!) I say this, because some people also buy expensive cords to their equipment too, for hundreds of dollars?? Now a dedicated wire to your audio outlets. That makes sense!!

At some point with efficient Klipsch speakers this is overkill. I really doubt you would hear any difference at all.. We prove this every year at the Klipsch weekend. (People cannot guess or identify 10k dollar speaker wire vs zip cord.

Maybe in a 100'-300' run?? Certainly not at 18'. Take the wife out, and enjoy the music with her later with a bottle of wine. I gurantee it will sound or make sounds you will love to hear!!

Gil, I could have swore I read, "I'm the only guy who thinks heavy wire is a waste and causes connection problems." To which I responded, "No, you're not!". I have no idea why I felt the need to waste these keystrokes explaining my inane post. :)

Since I changed all of my drivers and networks out, I rewired everything end to end using 15AWG stranded tinned wire. "End to end" means I'm also running the stuff between the speaker inputs and the amps. It doesn't sound any different than the $300 Kimber 8TC's I talked myself into buying -- and I don't have to worry about it turning green on me. Hopefully I can find a wire freak out there to take the Kimbers off my hands. The penalty for buying into the lunacy is a thin wallet.