What surrounds for Lengends?

Dmaul187

Im stuck in kind of a dilemma. I need to new set of surround speakers for my legend setup. Currently, I have a KLF-20's and the KLF-C7 for my front stage. I really do not have the room for another set of Legend floor standing speakers for the rear surrounds. I have been trying to locate the KSP-S6 speakers but have had no luck. Would the RS-35's work? Also, I have the Yamaha RXV-3000 which is a 6.1 channel receiver. I was using a rear center channel in my old setup but can I use 2 speakers with a mono signal of the rear center channel? Any help would be great!

More KLF-C7's on stands would be one solution(but expensive). I use KG 2.5's on stands as surrounds with my Forte IIs. They are not timbre matched, but work well enough for me. I have no room for floorstanders, especially some with passive radiators on back. I would suggest trying 2.5's or the RB's as you suggested.

I'd wait it out until you found a pair of KSP-S6's, if thats what you want. Just give it time and wait(improvise till then)...2.gif

I just bought a cordless phone off of ebay for $24.50 that retails at present with Radio Shack for $192.87, tax in(Canada), i kept bidding, surfing, waiting, shadow lurking, and after 3 months, he shoots he scores 10.gif

Yes I was on a budget..$25..no less, no more..works like lucky charms10.gif

Rick just posted on General Forum, some guy near Tennessee, I think , with a bunch of Legend stuff. Think the 6's were available there.

Here's your thread

http://forums.klipsch.com/idealbb/view.asp?topicID=65868&sessionID={D550D738-D45F-4928-B3CB-B56FBBBB4DFA}

Good luck, maybe he'll separate the lot.

Michael

Its so tough to find a pair of KSP-S6. As of right now, if I cant find a set of KSP-S6 in the near future, I may break down and order a set RS-35's or the THX KS-525. I mainly will use these speakers for movies. Any thoughts as to how either of these sets will perform as surrounds?

LOL, I just noticed I spelled Legends wrong in the heading! 9.gif

----------------

On 5/23/2005 11:50:02 AM Dmaul187 wrote:

I may break down and order a set RS-35's or the THX KS-525. I mainly will use these speakers for movies. Any thoughts as to how either of these sets will perform as surrounds?

----------------

I can't speak to the KS's, but my experience was that the Reference stuff sounded subtly different than the Legend line. To me, it became ever more noticable as time passed. Transitions from speaker to speakers were not what they should have been. I noticed a clear distinction between the "front" and "rear" sound stages.

In fact, I sold my reference stuff and bought the S6's for the rear. As I watched "The Incredibles" last night, I was commenting on how well the S6's work for surrounds. They are worth the wait!

Since you can't find the S6's and you are eager to do something soon, you really should consider two C7's (that won't cost much more than the S6's probably). They C7's will be easy to resell if you don't like them...