room accoustic & klipschorn

I've constructed a home theater built around 3 khorns front with heresies for sides and rears, and a custom sub using an 18 inch klipsch woofer. The sound is what I expected. Good.

I feel there is some harshness or glaring in the bass end that can be improved though. I'm thinking about maybe deadening potential reflections with bass traps. Anybody have any ideas about how to work around the corner bass reflection situation with the K-horns?

Harshness at low volumes or high volumes? How far apart are the k-horns? Where is the third k-horn placed? How large is the room? Cememt floors or wood? Drywall or cement walls? How old are the crossovers? Placement of the k-horns? Connecting wires and cables?

JJK

Hi and Welcome,

All of the above (what everyone else says)! When I puchased my new Khorns there was a fair amount of room treatment I had to undertake to 'extend' the stage and smooth out some of the bass/mid flare & boom. I built my own bass traps and room treatments to a point where the room(unfortunately)looks ugly but the sound is simply stunning. When people come over to listen or watch a movie they just don't want to leave and I only have set up for two channel. The most important thing in experiencing sensational audio to experiencing audio is the room. Experiment (as long as you have an understanding partner) you'll be amazed.

Good Luck.