Cripes, Crites!

TheEvan

I didn't mean it in a derogartory sense, and I sure wouldn't want him to not feel welcome. Still, you guys are kind of harsh. Until someone can actually measure the acoustic response of a Klipschorn using the AK-4, maybe it might not be a bad idea to hold off on definitive statements. I've spent a good deal of time with the AK-4, and if it was as bad as you guys are making it out to be, I would have went back to RF-7's or Planars!

"...And built again the cheapest crossover like the Ak-4 and AL-4...And now you have the bass coming from the midrange and there is no...crossover between the midrange and Tweeter!"

I don't think any of the above statements are true, and I sure as hell don't think they sent Trey over to Atlas Sound for PD5's, lol.

• Replies 42
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Don't know, I can only go by what I hear. What others hear counts too. After I sold the AK-4's to Joe, he liked them quite a bit over the AK-2's he'd been running. I just think that if something is terribly wrong, it generally doesn't sound very good. Everyone (without exception) I have talked to over the course of the last year or so who have heard the AK-4 Klipschorn believe it to be the best sounding version of the speaker ever produced. Last year in Indianapolis, Klipsch did their Heritage demo driven with an Aragon front end (with a room full of people), and again -- The Klipschorns did not disappoint. What's interesting to me is how hard it is to make the Klipschorn sound bad. I have heard mine in a half dozen configurations now, and though the changes certainly change things up, I haven't heard anything so objectionable that it made want to turn them off. However, it hasn't been all that difficult to determine what sounds best to me either.