Hey everyone i'm new to this so bare with me. I work at best buy in the hometheatre department and i have acess to a huge discount on klipsch stuff. However, I didn't want to buy the synergy series speakers that are made in china. To me they just aren't klipsch. I mean i know they sound good and are a great value but i thought to myself it wouldn't be right. So instead i bought some slightly used kg 5.5's. I've read on here that these are an excellent speaker. But I have no idea what kind of center channel i should get for these things. Should i get a new c-3? Or an older klipsch center to go with these things. Right now i have a real small set up that consists of not very clear jbl scs 160 small satilite speakers. I mean they were ok for the Dorm room but now i have an apartment and i want good klipsch sound. So if anyone could help me with my problem i'd greatly appreciate it.

I would suggest a KG 2.2V or 2.5V for those KG 5.5's. I think someone is selling a KG 2.2 right now on the forum. If you are planning on putting it atop a CRT television just order the bucking magnets from Klipsch parts to minimize the EMI.

Otherwise look for a 2.2V or 2.5V the "V" means it is shielded.

Good choice on speakers by the way!

----------------

On 6/7/2005 11:42:57 AM klipsch sellin master wrote:

Hey everyone i'm new to this so bare with me.

----------------

OK, I've stripped down, but for the life of me, I cannot figure how this will help you.

Yeah i know the new subs are so much better than the ksw line. I mean the 12 was ok but the 10 was lacking. My parents have an sf-3 system and for the money they paid for it is awsome. Anyways thank you all for the input on the center for my kg 5.5's have just arrived and all i have to say is that they are great and i'm very happy i didn't go with the synergy line. Thing is though i can get new c-3 really really cheap but if you guys think the older ones would match better maybe i'll do that. I just want good sound and i want to do it right.