OT: Dumb Blonde Joke

neo33

There's nothing to explain on the "5" and "7" joke. It's just one of those absurdist jokes. The phone doesn't have a "5" on it, and you accept that premise. You can't say how long you've had it because your calendar doesn't have any "7"s on it. The joke is what it is.

A ventriloquist is performing in a small comedy club and just finishing a round of dumb blonde jokes.

Suddenly a big blonde in the audience stands up and shouts: "OK, I've had it! This is not funny. Stop telling these stupid, denigrating blonde jokes. Why do you think that a person's hair color has anything to do with her qualities as a human being?"

The ventriloquist starts to reply: "I didn't mean to offend you . . ." But before he can say anything else, the blonde interrupts:

"You better stay out of this mister, it's that little bloke on your knee I'm talking to!"

----------------

On 6/12/2005 10:42:16 AM Parrot wrote:

There's nothing to explain on the "5" and "7" joke. It's just one of those absurdist jokes. The phone doesn't have a "5" on it, and you accept that premise. You can't say how long you've had it because your calendar doesn't have any "7"s on it. The joke is what it is.

----------------

I see, kind of like

Q: How many surrealists does it take to change a lightbulb?

A: A bathtub full of brightly colored power tools.

I gotta poke the dead horse with a stick here. So... any number combonation will work with the joke? I guess all the phones I've ever used, do not have a "one", "two", "three", "four", "six","eight", "nine" and "zero" neither.

J.C. .... that is just stupid. 14.gif

The answer to the 5-7 thing is basically, it makes no sense as posted. It is part of a slightly larger bit, that at least makes a little bit of sense. Oh yeah, and I don't know why it involves blondes here.

"Under my bed I have shoe box full of telephone rings. Whenever I get lonely I open it up just a bit and I get a call. One time I dropped the box all over the floor and the phone wouldn't stop ringing, so I had it disconnected. I bought a new phone though. I didn't have much money so I had to buy an irregular phone--it had no number 5 on it.

I saw a close friend of mine the other day... He said, "Steven, why haven't you called me?" I said, "I can't call everyone I want. My new phone has no five on it." He said, "How long have you had it?" I said, "I don't know . . . My calendar has no sevens on it.""

To really "get it" (not that there is anything to get) you need to look at Steven Wrights other stuff, its just that kind of odd humor.

-m